French campsite comments

Oct 6, 2006
Visit site
We are reviewing 2 weeks at Le Val de Bonnal( or Le Manoir de Bezolle. We have two boys 11 & 14 & have read mixed reviews on Le manoir de Bezolle which was going to be our first choice. We are now swayed towards Le Val de Bonnal but may have concerns regards the size of the site & any noise issues on a night.

Your opinions would be appreciated

Thanks JB

Jul 21, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

We stayed at Val de Bonnal for about 10 days in August 06.

The site was great. Easily up to the usual Castels standard. The only problem with noise was that once a week they organised a 'disco-swim' at the pool. I wouldnt have liked to have been pitched near the pool on that night! Went on till about 10pm if I recall.

We did encounter some problem with flooding but that was the summer when the whole of France spent the entire summer under water (or so it seemed). Lots of people were giving up and going home due to the weather - it rained for about 4 days solid. When the weather cleared it was great. Day trips to Germany and Switzerland were possible (if a bit long).

The pool is great and the lake on site is good for dinghys and inflatables too.

Just be prepared to cover large distances once you leave the site as all the attractions seem to be fairly widespread.

Oct 6, 2006
Visit site
Hi,

We stayed at Val de Bonnal for about 10 days in August 06.

The site was great. Easily up to the usual Castels standard. The only problem with noise was that once a week they organised a 'disco-swim' at the pool. I wouldnt have liked to have been pitched near the pool on that night! Went on till about 10pm if I recall.

We did encounter some problem with flooding but that was the summer when the whole of France spent the entire summer under water (or so it seemed). Lots of people were giving up and going home due to the weather - it rained for about 4 days solid. When the weather cleared it was great. Day trips to Germany and Switzerland were possible (if a bit long).

The pool is great and the lake on site is good for dinghys and inflatables too.

Just be prepared to cover large distances once you leave the site as all the attractions seem to be fairly widespread.
Thanks for your comments

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts