fridge will not work on gas

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
tried to use the gas setting on fridge gas lights and red line moves up to the green sector but when i release thermostat gas just goes out hope someone can help or do i need new part gas works ok on cooker and fire

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hello Poppye, have you had it on electric beforehand because if you have, it sounds as though the fridge may already be down to temperature and it is then very difficult to light the gas side. Also make sure the gas is on the highest setting to light it. Or, if it has been off for some time it may be some air in the gas supply line.

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
theford n180 manual ignition it was on electric but thought it was not working so thats the reason i tried the gas the caravan is a bailey olympus 534

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I had the same problem with my Thetford after the winter layup
Just light on gas and keep the thermostat button pressed in for several minutes, slowly releasing it occasionally, listen to see if the flame stays alight, it will probably then behave itself.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Mikaroony said:
Have you had the yearly service to check if the fridge element is working ?

Unless you specifically ask for the fridge to be "serviced" the extent of work the dealer will be to check the gas soundness of the caravan and to see if the fridge lights, which is exactly what the OP is doing.

Technically the "Element" refers to an electrically powered heating device.The gas system uses a "burner"

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if the thermocouple is OK. This checks that the flame is alight and if not shuts off the gas. Holding the stat in over rides it and so when you let it go the gas shuts off. As a matter of safety i would have the fridge looked at. The burner on my Thetford corroded and sent a flame so big it melted the vent fly screen! Checks can be done from outside so should only be an hour's charge.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts