From Swift to Coachman

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
So ... we have ordered a new Coachman Pastiche 575 and part-exchanged our Swift Challenger 570 (2010) - new van due in June. After much deliberation, planning, choosing, viewing and angst the deed is done.

Very much looking forward to an island bed (no more unexpected squashing by OH in the night) and the Alde Heating. Having sat in a van with it on ... the difference for us was amazing.

Of course there is guilt at parting with our van which has been an absolute god-send health and sanity wise for me, there is not a speck of damp and it is lovely, but OH decided life is too short and we should get the van of our dreams now and not wait. Got a good price p/x too. Obviously I've had to go out and buy lots of new things for the new caravan, who shall be named Foxy!

Shall aim to use current van as much as we can up until new one arrives and I just know that I shall be sad to see it go but hopefully onto new owners who'll love it just as much as we have!

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Congratulations to you both. OH has the right idea, life's too short. I felt guilty leaving the Coachman family in 2014 as I used to enjoy a chat with the Jim and team at the NEC and Lawns each year but I soon got over it with the advantages of the layout we have the Bailey.

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I will indeed post many pictures complete with new purchases when it arrives. It is supposed to be first week of June, however, we are taking that with a large pinch of salt as we know these things have a habit of changing ... at least we have our existing van to use!

A truly rubbish Christmas/New Year/Jan and Feb illness wise, plus awaiting biopsy results, nearly losing my sight in my right eye (OK for now) and a death of a sister made OH come to the decision that you really never know what's around the corner! This new van is the one nice thing we have had to focus on.

... Oh and the fact that his Daughter will produce our first Grandchild in June - a little boy! Can't wait to introduce him to the caravan :p

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
just swapped our 2016 pastiche 575.....I absolutely loved it, the build was great and the alde heating is fantastic (even better on your model as the new one has the integrated pump on he boiler and not in the wardrobe) but SWMBO decided that she wanted the extra space of the laser 675....so that's what has replaced it.....enjoy!!!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hopefully about to change mine too also for a Coachman. So well understand your feelings and wish you all the very best with the new van.

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
we p/x our swift challenger 580 in 2015 for a Coachman vip 545 and have got the layout that suits us best with the central washroom
It has been a great van so far with no problems as you say " life is too short" so go out and enjoy your new purchase

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi there, unfortunately in September we have my son's 21st and my parents Golden Wedding parties to celebrate plus another weekend taken up with a work BBQ my husband does for free! Not enough weekends in the year for me I'm afraid ... work gets in the way of using my caravan lol.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Congrats on new purchase. We had all the same feelings when we swapped our van....and then while waiting for delivery the doubts set in............having done all the research, I kept asking; this new one has got a microwave/barbecue point/ spare wheel?.....wheels at all?.....roof?...windows?....aargh!!!.. ...Rest assured all was well.
Enjoy when it arrives.
BTW We are still working and weekends have been at a premium; a seasonal pitch has worked really well for us.
mel

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Mel, don't be a downer, a new van is always nice, our lasts van Coachman 545, was great, but we fell inlove with the 560, ,it suited us so much better.
We prefer, Side bed, With Mrs, H moving me in the middle of the night. rather than Island bed, each to their own.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts