Gas bottle

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
At the moment I have connections on my van for the blue gas bottle but I wish to change to the red so I can then go winter caravanning. Is it just a case of changing the valve on the pipe from the caravan so as to fit the red gas bottle. Thanks in advance.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Paul, From your description it would seem that simply changing the regulator to a propane model would resolve your concern. I do reccomend taht you have the system viewed by a dealer just to check for sure. If you change, ther is no real reason to change back to butane for summer.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Paul you dont say what age your caravan is, if its the new built in regulator you will need to get an adapter for the bottle to enable the change over from butane to propane, but stay with propane it gives you a more equal pressure for your appliances

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi John L

No modifications are needed to any of your appliances The difference is that Propane operates at a higher pressure than butane, therefor you need a different regulator for Propane, The big advantage is that propane will not freeze untill -43c,Butane Will begin to freeze at about +3c. It will allso work well in summer, Only disadvantage is that there is less Propane , than Butane for your money, Butnane is allso a cleaner fuel.

Happy camping

Jim

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jim, I note your comments but having spent many years in the LPG business and investigated a number of serious LPG related incidents, I am proffesionally and moraly bound to exercise and recommend caution. Paul does not state the age of his caravan, & therfore we cannot know if he has the old imperial, Uk Metric, or the EU harmonised equiepment. Some of the older equiepment is sensitive to both type and pressure of gas supply and if fed with the wrong supplies may become unsatable and begin to emit excessive Carbon Monoxide. The use of 37mBar propane regulator on equiepment rated at 30mBar Butane/Propane can take the appliabcnce just outside of its approved rating, and as such insurance companies may decline any claim, as the appliance has been used incorrectly. By haveing the system checked by an approved fitter these varianece can be avoided.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts