heart transport

Feb 15, 2009
Visit site
Help saw years ago (over 10/15 ) a video from the front of a police car .it was about a human heart being transported from one hospital outside London to another hospital somewhere in London and the police driver only had so many minutes to get it from one to the other.What a driver he was going like the clappers made it by only a few minutes to spare 100mph down the high street (no choppers in these days .can,t remember what prograhm it was on. other police units new he was coming stopped everything on all the sideroads/traffic lights .amazing to see .even the driver was sweating buckets .anyone help

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
douglas, how ye doin ?.

anyway, ye reminded me of a wee story quite a few years ago when my old man had his first heart attack. was taken to ayr hospital and we were all there, waiting outside the dependency unit waiting for someone to come out with the bad news.

fortunately, it never occured, he picked up brill and was moved to a general ward. he was getting out the next day and i duly went to pick him up, he was all ready and was waiting for his prescription to be sent up to the ward before he could go. we waited an awful long time and i eventually said to the nurse that the pills he was waiting for were in the kitchen cupboard at home, plenty of stock. she then came back to me and said he could go if someone came down and picked up the said prescription later on once the pharmacy unit got them sorted. seeing my dad gagging to get home i told her i would come back down later that day. off we went, and everything was hunkydory, then i remembered i had to go back down for his pills later on. i took the bike, and had my full leathers on and also took my backpck to carry the prescription. when i arrived, i went to station 5 and duly strode up to the desk, wearing leathers, carrying a crash helmet and a backpack.

the duty nurses were busy behind the desk and i gave a cough to get their attention. they looked around and one of them asked if she could help, i said " i hope so, i have a kidney in here which i have just delivered, is this the right place ? ", she was sharp as a razor and immedietely said to me " no son, the kidney will be for the first floor, thats where the canteen is ".

we had a gid laugh about it and they said it looked like real, brill.

Nov 29, 2007
Visit site
If it's the one I'm thinking of it is called "The Liver Run" and relates to the transport of an organ (liver) from Stanstead airport to a central London hospital. The video starts with the hand over of the organ from Essex to Mertopolitan traffic cars at a motorway junction. I first saw it years ago at a police open day and an edited version has been shown a couple of times since on "Police Camera Action".

Feb 15, 2009
Visit site
If it's the one I'm thinking of it is called "The Liver Run" and relates to the transport of an organ (liver) from Stanstead airport to a central London hospital. The video starts with the hand over of the organ from Essex to Mertopolitan traffic cars at a motorway junction. I first saw it years ago at a police open day and an edited version has been shown a couple of times since on "Police Camera Action".
HI! Chrisby yep your right it was a kidney not a heart .David said it was on P.C.A. got it last night of the net great to see the driver at the end he was knackered. thanks for your reply

great thing this forum

cheers Duggie

Feb 15, 2009
Visit site
douglas, how ye doin ?.

anyway, ye reminded me of a wee story quite a few years ago when my old man had his first heart attack. was taken to ayr hospital and we were all there, waiting outside the dependency unit waiting for someone to come out with the bad news.

fortunately, it never occured, he picked up brill and was moved to a general ward. he was getting out the next day and i duly went to pick him up, he was all ready and was waiting for his prescription to be sent up to the ward before he could go. we waited an awful long time and i eventually said to the nurse that the pills he was waiting for were in the kitchen cupboard at home, plenty of stock. she then came back to me and said he could go if someone came down and picked up the said prescription later on once the pharmacy unit got them sorted. seeing my dad gagging to get home i told her i would come back down later that day. off we went, and everything was hunkydory, then i remembered i had to go back down for his pills later on. i took the bike, and had my full leathers on and also took my backpck to carry the prescription. when i arrived, i went to station 5 and duly strode up to the desk, wearing leathers, carrying a crash helmet and a backpack.

the duty nurses were busy behind the desk and i gave a cough to get their attention. they looked around and one of them asked if she could help, i said " i hope so, i have a kidney in here which i have just delivered, is this the right place ? ", she was sharp as a razor and immedietely said to me " no son, the kidney will be for the first floor, thats where the canteen is ".

we had a gid laugh about it and they said it looked like real, brill.
HI! Highlander still up here in snowy highlands . cant wait for first trip away in March .off to Edinburgh for a few days. what about yourself anything lined up for this year .was in Edinburgh last year for first week in April had a brilliant week.we were walking about in shirt sleeves for some of the time just chilling out .

cheers Duggie

Feb 15, 2009
Visit site
HI! Chrisby yep your right it was a kidney not a heart .David said it was on P.C.A. got it last night of the net great to see the driver at the end he was knackered. thanks for your reply

great thing this forum

cheers Duggie
wrong again it was a LIVER

sorry cheers Duggie

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
When my brother died, they sat up a system with some off the bikers, and stopped the traffic at islands and junctions, which was very nice and arrived early.

My hubbies dad had died 1 week before and the hurst broke down on route to the house, arrived late!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts