hello all newbie here

Oct 3, 2018
Visit site
hi to everyone I am new here. We have used motorhomes before and loved it. In fact we spent 8 weeks touring round New Zealand and had a wonderful time.
Now we are retired and want another van. However now I am an amputee with MS so I need a wheelchair accessible van. So saw your site to see if anyone could help in my search. Would be nice to have new friends as well. :)

Oct 3, 2018
Visit site
Having read further on I realised I have made a mistake by not saying more about myself. I am married have grandchildren and even great grandchildren!! We live in Scotland in a small village about 25 miles west of Glasgow. I used to nurse and my husband still teaches railways signalling even though he is now 71 he just loves his work. He only does about 3 months of the year and he is happy with that.
We do like to travel around but since my amputation I could no longer get into my caravan. I did try but finished with a very long and deep wound into my remaining leg. We went and looked at a motorhome with a lift fitted with a wheelchair lift fitted. So we know we can get back to our travels.

Thanks for reading this and I am so sorry for my errors.

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Welcome!
And don't apologise, you can say as much or as little as you want to.
Sorry for the delay in replying, I've not been online for a while.

Oct 3, 2018
Visit site
Thank you Tony I was wondering if I had done something wrong but now I am feeling better. : :) The news on my quest is we have found what we want and went to look at it yesterday. We are thrilled it is almost perfect we have let it go back to the seller to make a few minor adjustments and then It is all systems go!!! We are ready to join this happy clan of adventurers.
First question is is there anything in Scotland? We live in Scotland but it is such a beautiful country and there is so much to explore.I did look at your Scottish section but all the topics seemed to be older.
We are members of the caravan and motorhome club. We used a caravan for years but had to change to a motorhome. I do think it is going to be easier for us to further afield because we only have to plug in and then make the tea! No messing about with awnings etc.
I have decided our new "home" is called Molly. :cheer:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts