Hymer Motorhomes - ovens too high?

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Is everyone in Germany six foot plus? What do people think about the Ovens in some of the Hymer Motorhomes set at the top of their TEC stack. Several people commented on how dangerous it would be to try and trake something out of an oven so high and the door is VERY stiff and hard to open.
I went to the NEC this week very interested in a Hymer but came away disappointed as they only had a few models with ovens and they were at or above shoulder height. Apart from that the build quality was very good but an oven in the clouds or no oven does not impress.
Come on Hymer UK speak to the Germans, they can put ovens in the Budget Carado's so why not the Hymers, all the same manufacturer!

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Carado Motor homes are made in the plany at Capron GmbH in Neustadt, near Dresden which also produces the Sunlight range. They are not badge engineered Hymers which are made in Bad Waldsee
Hymer Group also has manufacturing plants elsewhere in Germany and Italy, to serve their range of individual Brands ie
TEC
Burstner
Laika
Neisman+Bischoff
Eriba

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi, This is interesting. I'd definitely struggle if the oven was that high...
Have you read our news story about Hymer motorhomes and their recent resurgence in Britain?

There's a lot of discussion about Hymer motorhomes and praise for their high quality in general on another part of this Forum. Click here to see what other people's experiences have been.

Please log in if you'd like to comment (Login and register links are at the top right of this page). Or chat to us via our Practical Motorhome Facebook page.
smiley-cool.gif

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Back to the 1.88m problem
smiley-smile.gif
, The oven placing is a problem common to all Continental motorhomes fitted with the 170l frige/freezer and 'tech tower'
With our differing motor home needs it is rare that an oven /grill will figure highly in our 'must haves' We tend to eat out or out of doors a lot more The larger Frige/freezer is much more of a USP so that we can keep lots of beer etc cold.
I suppose you could specify or research a model with a smaller Frige and have the oven in lieu of the freezer?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts