Isabella Porch Awnings

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Thingy said:
Any luck Anseo? Been to collect mine today. managed to get a 2018 model at a very good discount inc Bolon Carpet.

Happy for you Thingy, a very good deal you had there.

Going by all that I have read, you will enjoy it B)

EDIT: Sorry Thingy forgot to answer your initial question about any luck in my new purchase; 'nah nae luck the noo' :p

I'll hae tae bide my time :(

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
After a quick mooch round Hall 17 at the NEC, the Isabella stand was too rich for my beleaguered wallet. So a cheeky £80 was dropped, for a Sunncamp canopy. My Christmas present from the wife!

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
An Isabella Capri Snow 2014 appears to be available, seller provides little information and no pictures either.

It would seem that this little porch awning was designed for bad (snowing) weather, it has a somewhat unusual angled roof profile.

I don't know if it has the substantial anchoring system that DustyDog knows so well.

It may be this one https://www.isabella.net/uk/support/assembly-instructions/porches/winter
please open the Winter R4212 2014.pdf on this page

I'm thinking of checking it out, what should I be looking for?

Any thoughts from you are as usual appreciated.

Thanks,
John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Anseo said:
An Isabella Capri Snow 2014 appears to be available, seller provides little information and no pictures either.

It would seem that this little porch awning was designed for bad (snowing) weather, it has a somewhat unusual angled roof profile.

I don't know if it has the substantial anchoring system that DustyDog knows so well.

It may be this one https://www.isabella.net/uk/support/assembly-instructions/porches/winter
please open the Winter R4212 2014.pdf on this page

I'm thinking of checking it out, what should I be looking

Any thoughts from you are as usual appreciated.

Thanks,
John

The three small inverted triangles seen on the picture are part of the ancillary tie down sytem using pegs and guys. Our Magnum had them fiddly but effective. It also had the internal storm straps that lash between the top frame down to the ground.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Thanks OC,

Forgive me but I do not see the three inverted triangles, can you guide me as to their location please.

Thanks,
John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Anseo said:
Thanks OC,

Forgive me but I do not see the three inverted triangles, can you guide me as to their location please.

Thanks,
John

John
There is one just above the Isabella logo on the grey bottom section. The other two are level with the middle one on the front left and right corners. If it’s like my Magnum was there could be some along the two sides but being a porch rather than a midi you would need to check.
We find our porch invaluable especially in the off season months where it does the same job as Dustyys does. More a shed than a lifestyle experience:)

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Thank you OC.

And I empathise with your comment re using it as a 'shed', a little shed is what I am basically after.

This little shed is little more than 6' x7',
It is not in great nick, seller declares it has damage to more than one occasion on the external ground strip that pegs to the ground.
No idea as to what condition the rest of it is in, would have to view!

Quickie question:
Is it worth a hundred spondoolies with already known damage (perhaps more when seen) ?

Thanks all,

DD are you sleeping old boy? I was looking forward to your tuppence worth also. :lol:

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Anseo said:
Thank you OC.

And I empathise with your comment re using it as a 'shed', a little shed is what I am basically after.

This little shed is little more than 6' x7',
It is not in great nick, seller declares it has damage to more then one occasion on the external ground strip that pegs to the ground.
No idea as to what condition the rest of it is in, would have to view!

Quickie question:
Is it worth a hundred spondoolies with already known damage (perhaps more when seen) ?

Thanks all,

DD are you sleeping old boy? I was looking forward to your tuppence worth also. :lol:

Wish you would ask a simpler question. If it’s only a tear or two in the floppy ground strip you could live with that if the rest is okay. I never peg groundstrips down. Turn them inside and junk then lays on them.
How old is it and can the seller give an indication of how much use it has had? A good look at all roof and wall seems would be necessary to see if it may have been over tautened. Check poles fir straightness etc.
Also your own usage plans will be factored in to whether it’s worth buying. My own view would be to give it a good going over and if it’s worth the risk try and achieve a lower price. If you get a season out of it then it will tell you if a porch is for you and you may get most of your money back too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts