kids... not all bad.

Sep 21, 2006
Visit site
there is a lot written about the behaviour of kids on site, and i must admit that i do agree with what is being said, however i myself have 4 kids. the very first time we took our kids on site we told them the rules,"dont play near other peoples vans, dont disturb the neighbours, and we only take soft foam tennis balls, they are not allowed to hang around near the toilet block,(as seems to be the trend). they have always adhered to these rules and much prefer instead to fill the aqua roll and take the rubbish to the bin for us,and im pleased to say as yet no complaints. so please if you see my husband myself and our 4 well behaved girls on site please dont give us a wide berth, the trick is to teach them early.

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
well done to you..wish there were more parents like you!

We dont have kids yet but quite often go away with our 2 young nephews..like you we try to get them involved with the errands/setting up/helping etc instead of running havoch...they have plenty of time to play...but by helping out us adults also keeps them occupied and teaches them responsibility.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Di-well said,we are now grandparents and like yourself brought up our children to respect people and life in general and that has passed on to our grandchildren.

It not easy bringing up children,it takes a lot of work over many years and unfortunately some parents are not prepared to spend this time.

You quite rightly make the point not to "tar all kids with the same brush".

Our own children are now 31 and 26 yrs and we have caravanned for 30+ yrs ,we have also done all the package hols to spain etc but the holidays they remember with fondness are the ones away in the caravan.

regards john.b.

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi Di

Sorry, but you will have to grow a thick skin to put up with a lot on this forum. Some people post in order to upset others. Welcome to the madhouse!

Ann

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I do so agree, Di. We have been camping and caravanning for over twenty years, first with four children, now usually on our own, but occasionally with grandchildren. In that time, I am not aware that our children have ever done anything to upset other people, and we certainly have not been on the receiving end of any bad behaviour. In fact, we find campsites with no children to be rather sad places. But I'm afraid some people simply don't like having children around, no matter how well behaved, and will complain about the most trivial things - and I'm prepared to believe, although I have never witnessed it, that there are times when children are allowed to behave in an unacceptable manner on site.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Almost 40 years ago my mother and father took us caravaning in a hired Sprite Alpine we towed with a mark 2/3 Cortina for three weeks every summer. My parents laid down the rules very early on and my brother and i had to stick to those rules or else ! Now my 11 and 6 years olds abide by the very same rules. We have made many friends caravanning and seldom had to intervene in any trouble. The point being that we knew the rules and were not let loose our children are treated the same way - In fact my 11 year old can almost set the whole thing up on his own, because we've always included them in, they have a greater respect.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have been caravanning for 20+years and i can honestly say that i have never been bothered by unruly children .May be we have been lucky . coljac

Sep 27, 2006
Visit site
we have four kids aswell and two dogs, because there is so many of us people tend to look at us funny when we arrive with van (full of bikes) and car full of kids n dogs. we must look like hillbillies when we first arrive. if anyone does see us please dont be put off, we are a normal family and all the kids (two boys and two girls) are lovely and will respect other people. so i really do know where your coming from di.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Tracy if you and your lot pulled up next to us we would be delited. Our kids and even grandkids holiday abroad now so we miss the sound of kids at play ,we also love dogs .

Coljac

Sep 21, 2006
Visit site
she who has to be obeyed says she always got our kids to behave but struggled to get me too :)
as i said i have well behaved kids, no mention of hubby in that statement, but i do find a roll of the eyes is enough to bring him back into line(usually)

TRENDING THREADS