Lady's Mile - Dawlish

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Has anyone stayed at this stayed at this site before? If so what did you think? We have recently started caravanning and endured a dreadful stay at Beacon Fell in Lancashire where the pitches were tiny; dogs roamed wild; toilets were antiquated, outdated and dirty and the clientele -well!

I have a suspicion that Lady's Mile may be similiar. Can anyone put my mind at rest?

Many thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Steve,

Lady,s Mile At Dawlish is quiet a nice site but Cofton Farm Caravan park is better or another site within a short distance from Dawlish Warren beach is Peppermint Park that is a nice park its clean and well laid out would reccomend this one.Good Luck

Jim.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We stayed at Peppermint and thought it was too crowded. The pitches were really close together and were really small compared to other sites. It was quite noisy too - lots of people who stayed up till the small hours drinking and shouting outside their caravans. We would not go there again. don't get me wrong, we drink and like a good time but also like to be able to relax and sleep at night. We've been to lots of commercial parks and have now joined the caravan club - their sites are so much nicer and much larger pitches.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Steve

We stayed at Lady's Mile a few weeks ago - its an average type of site, nothing much to complain about and nothing outstanding. The beach is witin walking distance (about 15 mins downhill).We had some heavy rain during our stay and some pitches were extremley waterlogged.

I have to agree with Richard ,Caravan Club sites are far superior to commercial sites and you don't normally get undesirable types staying on them. If you can manage without a bar,bingo and swimming pools you may find Club sites more to your liking.The only problem is getting a pitch, you need to book well in advance.You can now check for availability at club sites online.

Cliff

Jun 3, 2005
Visit site
we to have just returned from a dreadful time at beacon fell, we was surrounded by gypsies,we had boooked parents on for a weeks rest, my poor mother was made ill from them.They were dirty and it took a week to remove them,

However we have booked at ladys mile for two weeks in august, we have been before and was really pleased with the pitches and he site.

good tip arrive a dawlish early as the narrow road becomes a nightmare for traffic esp caravans.

May 29, 2005
Visit site
hi steve i agree with richard i stayed at peppermint park a few years ago.the pitches were very close even though we paid for an extra large one.the price was very expensive as well.the ground staff were nice though.a few rules that annoyed a few folk was that buggys were not allowed in the shop and children seemed to followed around the shop(as if they were not truusted) by the guy who owned it ,from what i remember lots of people were complaning about him

May 29, 2005
Visit site
Ive stayed at Ladies Mile with two of my daughters. They thought it was 5*. Two pools (indoor and out) and a great play area, what more could you want when you are a tweenie? I enjoyed it as well. I thought the terracing and layout with lots of trees was nice, facilities were good and clean but it was a little crowded but hey! Its that type of site. Parents can let the children go to play and get some time to themselves. For me its been one of the best site Ive ever found for that; Hendra at Newquay was good as well.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Steve

I would not recommend Ladys Mile to anyone who wants some space between units, peace & quiet. I felt it was a bit grubby, to be honest & I was very worried about the lack of gap between units.

I was in a static whilst there but observed the touring activity for future reference. I would not take my van there.

I have been around Cofton Country (checking it out)- not overly impressed. I have stayed at Golden Sands - again, I would not take my van there. Peppermint Park - the same. I would recommend Ross Park at Ipplepen, if you want somewhere in this general area.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi we stayed at Ladys Mile,about 5yrs ago,it was great we took my youngest son who was 14 at the time and his mate,the out door pool had a great slide,and althought is was a walk to the beach it was lovley,and at night in Dawlish the stores stayed open it was like Spain,there was a good fireworks display which was free,we were camping and the pitches were agood size,we had a really good time.Sue

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts