Lake Garda - Italy

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We are thinking of a trip to Lake garda at easter. The site we are looking at is Bella Italia.

Has anyone any experience of either the site or more importantly the weather in April?

Also can anyone suggest the best route to travel? thanks in advance.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi brightredrover if you are looking at the most stess free ,not

the cheapest route go down to Lyon ,then on to Torino then to

Piacenza DONT GO though Milano 'road works city', ho by the way the the roads around the Lake on the weekend become the grand prix track for the people of Milano,but very beautiful place.

Rob&Lynne,woofers

Aug 10, 2008
Visit site
Dont expect brilliant temp at that time of year,although it should be comfortable . peschiera is a nice town and only a short walk down from Bella Italia.

Routes! As you are towing any route you take will have some climbs in it, best route is also the shortest,in miles and time, unless you tow at 80mph! and also the cheapest using mainly m/ways. and involves Dunkirk crossing across to Luxembourg, down onto A4 near metz across to Strasbourg and down into Switzerland and basle, ect.

From Calais you can do the same sort of route too.

Any route going down to Lyon and mount blanc of even frujess tunnel are,going to cost you quite a bit more not only in tolls but fuels too, and as i said are longer in time unless you row at speed. The A4 that goes above Milan is fine unless you catch it at rush hour,or a bank holiday.

Good luck.

Aug 10, 2008
Visit site
Bella Italia, the site is pretty much first class, although i would expect it to be quite in April, unless you are going over Easter, in which case i would assume it to be a little bit busier

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I can't help with the site, and the internet will give you some idea of temperatures, but I have travelled down to Lake Garda/Sirmione and offer the following route I have alwyas used:

Dover/Calais/Dunkirk - Lille - Mons - Namur - Liege(Luik)- Cologne - Frankfurt - Stutgart - Munich - Garmisch Partenkirken - Innsbruck - Trento - Riva del Garda (Lake Garda).

The above route is all motorway carriageway except from Garmisch Partenkirken to Zirl (near Innsbruck) and is free unti Brenner Pass. Time taken to travel this route is a perosnal choice but for us we had 2 overnight stops.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts