Land Rover Freelander Td4

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
We're just back from a 1,500 mile round trip to the highlands of Scotland.

This was the first really long tow with the Freelander, which we bought new in March and just want to say we are more than pleased with the way it handled.

One of the things we find really useful, is the drop down rear window, which makes hitching up easier, by being able to speak to the driver when guiding back.

We clocked up a further 1,200 miles during the two weeks we were there, on all sorts of roads and in various weather conditions and it handled every bit as good as we expected of it.

Pauline.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Glad things went well!

Like you the drop down rear window is very useful - I miss the similar facility of my old Range Rover where you could raise the top tailgate when hitching.

I find the Discovery big door a real pain in that you cannot open it fully to get the dogs in and out when the jockey wheel is raised and you have to have it closed when hitching up.

Not insurmountable problems I grant you but certainly can appreciate what you say about the Freelander.

May 21, 2005
Visit site
Glad things went well!

Like you the drop down rear window is very useful - I miss the similar facility of my old Range Rover where you could raise the top tailgate when hitching.

I find the Discovery big door a real pain in that you cannot open it fully to get the dogs in and out when the jockey wheel is raised and you have to have it closed when hitching up.

Not insurmountable problems I grant you but certainly can appreciate what you say about the Freelander.
I also went to the highlands of scotland last month in our freelander td4 which we bought new in feb, we coverd 1.600 miles and could not falt it in any way all round good tow car.

May 21, 2005
Visit site
Glad things went well!

sorry wrong place

Feb 21, 2005
Visit site
Hi Pauline, Have you found an easy way to hitch up other that being at an angle with your Freelander? I am assuming that you have an alko stabiliser, thanks Robin

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
Hi Pauline, Have you found an easy way to hitch up other that being at an angle with your Freelander? I am assuming that you have an alko stabiliser, thanks Robin
As mentioned elsewhere, we bought one of those modified handles and just reverse straight back and hitch up, no problem.

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
I also went to the highlands of scotland last month in our freelander td4 which we bought new in feb, we coverd 1.600 miles and could not falt it in any way all round good tow car.
Glad you're as pleased with yours as we are with ours. We bought ours in March, having narrowed our search down to three vehicles, but this was definately the one for us!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts