Locker Shelves - Where are they??

Aug 13, 2005
Visit site
Hi. I have recently bought a new Ace Jubilee Courier and love it!! (thanks to those how help with choosing a towcar in a previous post). I was just wondering if anyone else has had a problem with a lack of shelves in their new caravan. I have checked out all the lockers and have managed to find a total of 2 in the whole caravan!! I have been told by my dealer, that this is the norm and that I am lucky to get that many! Is this standard practice? I have been quoted £30 each for extra shelves. I would love to hear from anyone else who has bought a similar caravan.

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
Leanne, we have a ace celebration 590 from glossop caravans (based on the ace equirry) which we collected just three month, we found only one shelf in our van and where also adviced that we had to buy any aditional ones and to make matters worse the one supplied had been cut too small and kept falling down if anything was put on it. We have also had numerous problems with the new locker doors becoming loose and falling down on to your head as you look into the lockers, this is due to the hinges which work on friction and quickly become worn. Our van has been back to glossop for a total of twelve repairs since new including the dinette window falling out of the frame and an external locker box which would not stay shut plus numerous other build quality issues, all repaired efficiently by glossop. unfortunately the van now needs to go back again as the fridge will not work on twelve volt and the door is refusing to shut without a good slam (again). overall the layout of this van is probably the best i could wish for with two kids but swifts attention to detail and poor build quality have put me off ever owning one again, next year its back to coachman who treat theire customers with respect and build a far better product. have you also noticed that swift have dropped the price of all theire vans this year by about 1500 pounds, making our vans worth round about two grand less to sell on, another kick in the teeth from swift.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Leanne. As much as I sympathise with you, surely you should have picked up on this before buying your new caravan. Salesmen, with all the commission they're on, want to sell as many vans as possible and will be willing to throw in a few extras in the process so if you noticed this while making up your mind with the dealer whether or not to buy this van, with your gentle womanly persuasion, perhaps he would have got more shelves put in free of charge for you. When we bought our van last year we got extra cushions,a fire extinguisher and some levellers all for free.

Aug 22, 2005
Visit site
We have an Ace Jubilee Viceroy (2005 model), and that also only came with two shelves. Again we were informed that this is the norm!

Also noticed the the hinges are a bit hit & miss, some work better than others.

J

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts