london, next trip,

ed1

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
hello all,

ive decided we are going to london next, just for 3 days,possibly april (not easter) i know about abbey wood cc site, but are there any others within 30 mins of london, i want to spend 2 days in london, one doing the history and science museum, and one maybe shopping and houses of parliament, big ben, and such, i havent been for 30 years so thought we would give it a go, any advice would be very much appreciated, we do like quieter sites,but wont be spending too much time there. thankyou, ED

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ed

We are staying at Walton on Thames in July. It is a C & CClub site and is members only. It also has no toilets etc. but does have hook-ups, hence a charge of only

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
We sometimes stay at Chertsey C&CC site which has full facilities including ehu. The site is on the banks of the Thames and apart from aircraft on the approach to Heathrow it's quiet.

Weybridge railway station is not far away where you can take a train to Waterloo.

Dec 27, 2006
Visit site
The Lea valley site on Sewardstone road is still there and normally opens around late March. It is a gem of a site , easy access from M25 ,dont have to go through Waltham Abey anymore. has a bus service terminate at the entrance and is quiet and tranquill

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
CaravanClub site Crystal Palace...there is a bus service right outside that goes into central London, and a few short steps the other way is the Crystal Palace park that would take you a good half day to walk all round and discover.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Depending on where you are coming from. The CC sites at Denham or Hemel Hempstead both meet the bill but need advanced booking. hemel has a direct coach seervice to Victoria. Denham has rail link to marylebone or drive into Ruislip or any west London tube connection.

There is a commercial site at Chalfont St Giles and you can get train into Marylebone from Seer Green or Gerrards Cross.

For museums my choice would be Denham and West Ruislip or Ruislip by Underground.

Not sure but think the current senior citizens concessions should apply - apologies if you don't qualify yet

(Excuse spelling but it's siesta time here in SE Spain)

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
We're going to a family wedding in Hertfordshire in the summer and have booked onto Theobalds Park at Waltham Cross which is North of London, just off the A10. It's a C&CC site with full facilities and looks quite nice. London is only a short train journey from there (station 2 miles from site) and no congestion charges!

Mar 21, 2008
Visit site
We've used the Denham CC site (Wyatt's Covert) for visiting London.

It's ideally situated within walking distance from the station with a regular service taking about half an hour into the Marylebone.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts