Lunar Lexon 530

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Some of you may have read my posts in the past about towcars and caravans and legality etc etc etc, well we have decided to be semsible and make a compromise to slightly smaller and lighter van instead of the big twin axle we were looking at. And thanks to everyone who responded to my Forum posts.

We are now getting close to making a decision and found what we regard as the ideal van. The new Lunar Lexon 530. It gives us the luxury of fixed bed, long settees and a long worktop area. Ideal! We looked at the dealer special at Robinsons in Chesterfield and they even hooked it up to power for us. Thanks Robinsons.

The confusion arrives from here on. In the Lunar brochure, their website, on dealer websites and caravan videos online all show the same thing. 3 windows on the nearside and a window over the worktop. In the February edition of Practical Caravan it was compared against the Coachman Amara and the pictures were different. Said window became a mirror, worktop design had changed and you guessed it, only 2 windows on the nearside.

When i emailed Lunar to ask, they didnt even bother to reply. Norwich Caravans suggested these images and videos were the pre-production model when lauched at The Lawns last year.

Had anyone else noticed this or is it just me being picky? Needless to say, the one we saw in Practical Caravan and in the flesh is better than the pictures online. Have a look. you'll see what i mean. Honest..... :)

Are there legal implications for publishing information which is different to the actual product?

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
If you like the caravan on demo, why not buy it?
Or order a new one, but insist that the new one mirrors the demo, or no sale.

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
My parents used to have a Coachman which didn't have a window in the washroom, only a roof light. The had one fitted by the supplying Dealer as part of the deal. If there's no structural reason why a window can't be fitted (i.e. a bulkhead or something) this could be a route to take. The only thing of course is that another window could be potentially another leak weak spot.

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Ray

funny you should say about buying it if we liked it, we did just that. Its the ideal van for us and we look forward to collecting it this weekend.

Craig

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts