New Bailey Pegasus GT75 Messina Issues

Apr 2, 2022
Visit site
Hi
We are on our 3rd trip in our 2 1/2 mth old van and still having problem after problem. From 2 visits back to the dealer for rear floor issues and needs to go back again for a delaminated kitchen worktop we now have a faulty fridge. So for the next 5 days unless we can get it working we are stuck with a cooler box. Not what we thought would happen. So, all the lights are flashing on the fridge control panel not working on Gas or Electric. Any help would be appreciated. Dealer hasn't come back yet to resolve this except drop it back on our return.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Suggest you read up on your right to reject under the CRA (Consumer Rights Act). There are folks on here who are more knowledgeable about this than me; I am sure they will advise.
Mel

Apr 2, 2022
Visit site
Hi
Thx for your reply. I have read about CRA and have thought about contacting Citizens Advice but I want to give the dealer every chance to correct this issue. I have asked for a mobile approved workshop tech as they do not have a mobile tech themselves so expecting their call tomorrow. If nothing can be done and I have to return the van again I will not be happy and will have to take the next step.

Reactions: Mel
Jun 6, 2006
Visit site
Hi
We are on our 3rd trip in our 2 1/2 mth old van and still having problem after problem. From 2 visits back to the dealer for rear floor issues and needs to go back again for a delaminated kitchen worktop we now have a faulty fridge. So for the next 5 days unless we can get it working we are stuck with a cooler box. Not what we thought would happen. So, all the lights are flashing on the fridge control panel not working on Gas or Electric. Any help would be appreciated. Dealer hasn't come back yet to resolve this except drop it back on our return.
What make and model is the fridge? What error are you getting?

Apr 2, 2022
Visit site
Hi
It's a Thetford fridge MODEL N4142E
When switching on all lights flash with power switch showing red
When you select either Gas/Electric/Auto then temp it doesn't accept and then start flashing. The error lights are 1&4 not lit and 2/3/5 lit. Dealer didn't have an answer but calling me back tomorrow. Other than that I'm going to have to return it to them again which I'm not happy about. 3 x out and 3 X back to the dealer with another to go to repair Kitchen worktop.

Jun 6, 2006
Visit site
That’s error 11, no energy source is available and control board is in auto mode.
Have you tried to manually select the fuel source?

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
This is a brand new caravan and it seems you are going to be plagued with problems for the duration of its life. Make sure that you put everything in writing even if the dealer does not respond.

If any of the faults were reported within the first 30 days, the time period for rejection is suspended. Depending on how long they took to rectify the issues, the caravan could still be within the 30 day period allowing you to reject the caravan and get a full refund! Our caravan was nearly 11 months old and unbelievably still within the 30 day rejection period when we rejected it.

Apr 2, 2022
Visit site
This is a brand new caravan and it seems you are going to be plagued with problems for the duration of its life. Make sure that you put everything in writing even if the dealer does not respond.

If any of the faults were reported within the first 30 days, the time period for rejection is suspended. Depending on how long they took to rectify the issues, the caravan could still be within the 30 day period allowing you to reject the caravan and get a full refund! Our caravan was nearly 11 months old and unbelievably still within the 30 day rejection period when we rejected it.
Hi
Thanks for your reply.
The first issue we had came after 8 days on our first trip. ( Really bad cracking sound from rear bedroom/shower area) On our return it was resolved by the dealer quickly.
On our 2nd trip 10 days later the very first night floor issue reappeared . Again on return dealer resolved the issue quickly. We also mentioned an issue with the kitchen worktop which was identified as delamination so claim put in to Bailey and authorised but part not available until at least April. Now the issue with the fridge on our 3rd trip which today has been shown to be an issue with the Thermistor wiring. TBH we love the van but losing faith in it as every trip sees a return to dealer and it's only 10weeks old which is ridiculous. I have no issues with the dealer as they have done what was asked and I suppose you have to expect some niggles.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi
Thanks for your reply.
The first issue we had came after 8 days on our first trip. ( Really bad cracking sound from rear bedroom/shower area) On our return it was resolved by the dealer quickly.
On our 2nd trip 10 days later the very first night floor issue reappeared . Again on return dealer resolved the issue quickly. We also mentioned an issue with the kitchen worktop which was identified as delamination so claim put in to Bailey and authorised but part not available until at least April. Now the issue with the fridge on our 3rd trip which today has been shown to be an issue with the Thermistor wiring. TBH we love the van but losing faith in it as every trip sees a return to dealer and it's only 10weeks old which is ridiculous. I have no issues with the dealer as they have done what was asked and I suppose you have to expect some niggles.
You are still within the first 30 days and will be until the part is fitted in April. You have the right to reject the caravan and get a full refund. It took our dealer over 3 months to replace the front panel which was reported with then first 30 days. Within days of collecting the caravan, there was another major issue which again took months to resolve. Eventually after 11 months we had enough and rejected the caravan for a full refund plus compensation as we had to cancel holidays.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts