New ? Ideas

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have been told ( often) that I am lazy, but that has led to what I believe to be new ideas for our caravans, both design and accessories.

They are all quite simple and although I have sufficient knowledge and experience to believe they are viable I do not have the "Know-how" or the facilities to progress beyond conception and basic drawings. Can anyone advice how best to progress this situation.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Trevor, have you thought about having a word with the design or technology department at your local further education college?

I work in FE myself, (engineering), and think that many colleges would welcome this cooperation in developing an idea. Where are you based?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Agree with Tony's idea. One word of warning. If you really ahve got a "winner" be careful about who you tell and how. Should you want to apply for a patent nearly any communication may cound as "prior disclosure" and disqualify your application. The inventor of the wind-up radio, Trevor Bayliss, has taken up this nonsense and I'm sure you could find his website, which may give some help

Also, if you are employed, have alook at your contract of employment - some are so wide as to claim the intelluctual property rights to anything you invent while in their employ, even if not in their line of business. No wonder this country doesn't invent too much these days

I speak from bitter expereince some years ago, and had to watch other profit from my ideas.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts