New to caravan touring.

Apr 12, 2021
Visit site
I have an old 1990 560 Swift Conqueror. It is hooked up to the mains at my home.
I removed the leisure battery for the Winter.
I went to clean the caravan internally recently, but my reading and ceiling lights and water pump wont work. There are two mains wall lights that work, but not the 12 volt lights.
They worked before without the battery connected.
Its just the internal lights and Pump that wont work. Everything else works fine . All the fuses are fine and nothing is tripped. Could it be my transformer / Plug in System that has gone ,or a hidden fuse somewhere?
Can anyone please help me with this. problem. I have little hair left !
Kind regards Tom.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Charger or fuse, but it’s best not to Leave the battery off and run from the charger alone. That’s because the battery has a stabilising effect.

Put the battery back in and test the voltage, then try the voltage again with the mains on.

Could be something simple like the 12 volt switch has been turned off.

John

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Many of the older power supplies used the battery as a current source for larger loads so only had a relatively low current output that kept the battery topped up. Ergo they were often designed to provide no output if there was no battery connected. As J above says, replace the battery and try again - and don't expect it to work immediately even if the battery is fully charged.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts