NO BALL GAMES-YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED-ITS IN THE OFFICIAL CARAVA...

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
dear all

"quote"

caravan club rules on ball games-page 263-section 4 behaviour on site-section d

No ball games are permitted within the vicinity of outfits-areas of play are indicated on site where available

I AM REALLY GLAD THAT THIS RULE HAS BEEN PRODUCED IN BLACK AND WHITE IN THE NEW CLUB BOOK FOR 2007,AS LAST YEAR I WITNESSED SEVERAL INCIDENTS OF BALL BEING PLAYED NEAR OUTLFITS AND CARS.CLEARLY THE CARAVAN CLUB MEAN BUSINESS THIS YEAR TO ERADICATE THIS BEHAVIOUR FROM IRRESPONSIBLE CHLDREN AND MINDLESS PARENTS WHO ALLOW THIS SORT OF PRACTICE TO HAPPEN.

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
I have to say, I took my new Bailey Pageant to Blair Atholl last Easter, first trip out with it and a family next to us hit the bottom of the caravan with a leather football twice. I could not relax as I new I was going to have to say something. The thing is the adults were joining in. I felt like a right prophet of doom telling them to stop it.

Another thing that I have noticed to be a major problem on CC sites is kids on bikes. At Troutbeck last August, a youngster dented our Bailey with his handlebars while it was parked up and we were heading off to choose a pitch. It is sickening when you try to take good care of them and selfish people do this. Andy.

Jan 7, 2007
Visit site
and can i ask how many children do you have that have never put a foot wrong and find the tone of your message to blunt for this forum

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Hi Dave, That would not be allowed on this site, we *** it in the bud, playing area for ball games, not allowed near tourers or statics. I blame parents whot the heck we are on holiday let them anoy other people, no way. Liz

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
thants for the reply cris,but when i spend in excesss of 16k on my van i will have no hesitation telling parents children AND THE WARDEN TO SORT IT OUT.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Dave, That would not be allowed on this site, we *** it in the bud, playing area for ball games, not allowed near tourers or statics. I blame parents whot the heck we are on holiday let them anoy other people, no way. Liz
chumba,2 children ,14 and 12,caravaned for 11 years.your comments

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We had the same problem a few years ago on the first trip out with a new van.

We were parked next to an elderly couple also with a new van (Vanmaster)

All was well until some older boys took over the fenced in play area designed with slides etc for small children

The small children were too frightened to use the area and our two new vans were in direct line of fire for the football.

The warden would do nothing which wasn't surprising as the family looked to be of the travelling fraternity with father built like the proverbial brick outhouse.

Nobody wants to stop children enjoying themselves but even a small dent on caravan can mean months of waiting for repairs and the fitting of a complete side.

Jan 7, 2007
Visit site
Charming post.

A really great advert for joining the Caravan Club if all members are that friendly.NOT
well said c+s i agree with you i was going to jion at the nec sun but i do feel everythings aimed at the over 50`s

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Charming post.

A really great advert for joining the Caravan Club if all members are that friendly.NOT
caroline/simon yes i am a very friendly person 99.9% of time but would like to stay that way. After trying to enjoy my holiday with the constant banging of footballs and the too regular thump as they bounce off my van roof then you would see the .1% when i'm not so friendly.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
We don't like aduly only sites and having more and more rules does not prevent kids and parents bending them. We've been caravanning for so many years and signs and rules have never stopped it yet!

What the hell having a 16K caravan has to do with it I don't know, kids and parents should respect a 20+ year old caravan that may be some ones cherished pride and joy.

We have a new R500 Merc and if anybody breathes to close to that and whatever new van we get it will not matter what the rule books says ;-) And it would be the same if it were a 15 year old Mini.

May 20, 2006
Visit site
Great news, i was never going to join the cc due to a rather bad experience with one of their sites, it turned me off joining for a long time, i may well change my mind now though.

I get sick to death of having to keep an eye on children and their balls, if the cc have banned ball games thats a heck of a step in the right direction.

If parents cant keep their children under control and teach them respect for peoples property then they have no place on a site.

I treat my van and other peoples with respect, i wish everyone else was the same. i work long and hard to pay for my hobbies, i resent them being damaged by some scrotes.

My mate also had his new van damaged by a handlebar on its maiden voyage, obviously no one owned up, a rather sickening feeling.

well done cc.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
yep your right cris,my van was only replced last aug,before i had a 1993 elddis,and that was my pride and joy,so price is not the issue here,its respect

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
OMGGGGGG - here we go again :O(

Someone makes a post about kids playing football or riding their bikes around peoples pitches and the likes of chumba and Caroline & Simon get all defensive as if their little cherubs were being attacked personally. All I can say is if you are in denial just take off your blinkers and if you still don't believe it happens take your heads out of the sand. It happens, all of the time.

Someone we know who takes their grandson away with them said "he is no trouble, as soon as we pitch up he has made friends and he's off then and we don't see him for hours". Hmmmm I wonder where he is and what he's doing?

A hour later she said her grandson was told off by the warden for riding his bike through the shower block and this was on a C.C. site.

I totally agree with Daves post but I wouldn't hold my breath that it will stop the playing off football around peoples caravans no more than the "Everyone loves your dog....on a lead" rule has had any affect or the picking up dog dumps.

For those who don't know I'm not anti children having brought up 3 of my own and have 6 grandchildren. I'm also not anti dog having 3 of those who travel with us everywhere.

If I can add that when people post a thread about people letting their dogs dump in public places I don't get all defensive and let the red mist descend because I totally agree with them.

RANT OVER :eek:)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
lord,i totally respect your comments-you are a true ambassador on this forum and speak clear and concise regarding topics.

clealy people dont like the rules that the club have placed in there book,so if members disagree please dont come on CCsites were rules are clearly marked out

Oct 27, 2005
Visit site
We have three children 5 and 21/2 year old twins and we do let them play with a soft ball near our van. They are not old enough to go to a play area on their owm and we do not want to spend all day in the play area with them. I hope this will not be frowned upon when we visit a CC site in May. Denise

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
We have three children 5 and 21/2 year old twins and we do let them play with a soft ball near our van. They are not old enough to go to a play area on their owm and we do not want to spend all day in the play area with them. I hope this will not be frowned upon when we visit a CC site in May. Denise
Denise, if it's a sponge ball like my own kids had when they were young I personally would have no problem with it. Unfortunately not all people have the same attitude but if I was in your shoes I would explain to your neighbours, it would be extremely unlikely they would complain, and it would be keeping the peace :O)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts