No milk or meat

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
This is current and interesting discussion and of interest to some members who actually travel to the continent with their caravans.
They will be well aware of the myriad of rules and regulations that differ from country to country that were in place before Brexit and the consequences of falling foul of them.
Brexit has added new rules to the already long list and forums can disseminate this information to those that may be affected.

The thread has been jumped on by some posters who don't even own a caravan let alone tow one to the continent.

Reactions: Jcloughie
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
...The thread has been jumped on by some posters who don't even own a caravan let alone tow one to the continent.
The subject is of course relevant to caravanners, but also to anyone who crosses a border, thus the present ownership or otherwise of a caravan has no relevance to who can offer a valid opinion.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I guess that this is where the ROI poses a problem crossing the border? If travelling from England to ROI I wonder if they will have the same restrictions on meat and milk?

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I appreciate that there can be problems with things brought in from some countries but the UK has the same rules as the EC at the moment so any problems in either direction is just them being awkward.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I appreciate that there can be problems with things brought in from some countries but the UK has the same rules as the EC at the moment so any problems in either direction is just them being awkward.

Let’s be positive amongst the things you can take into Northern Ireland and the EU are Durian fruit. 😂
South East Asia’s revenge.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site

You seem to be correct Re them being awkward. As the ruling is not reciprocal.

See.

1FDAD69D-260B-4301-9D7D-916E3D95B7CF.jpeg

Until I read this I thought, or assumed, that the Brexit agreement worked both ways.

The unworkability of the ruling is showing already. The disparity can only add to bad feeling.

John

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
With the reduction in allowances for bringing in alcohol and tobacco to GB you won’t even be able to find so much solace in drink and tobacco. Unless you live in NI that is. But at least I should be able to bring back my beloved dried/ smoked sausages and tins of cassoulet, so that’s some comfort at least.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Some extra detail. But it changes nothing from what is already learnt about this subject except there is much more detail and explanation.

Here

So you can bring milk and meat into the UK from the EU, but not the reverse. But there is a loophole. You just need to travel by the Faroe islands, or Greenland. For a list of other countries in the link, there is a list of other foods recognised as OK to take into the EU.

The UK is not included, therefore, in this respect we are treated as a country outside of the EU, which of course we are. But so much for the negotiations.

Of courses it may mean that the EU now consider our produce to be suspect. Or perhaps they are just being awkward as Raywood suggested. Or any other guesses.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Some extra detail. But it changes nothing from what is already learnt about this subject except there is much more detail and explanation.

Here

So you can bring milk and meat into the UK from the EU, but not the reverse. But there is a loophole. You just need to travel by the Faroe islands, or Greenland. For a list of other countries in the link, there is a list of other foods recognised as OK to take into the EU.

The UK is not included, therefore, in this respect we are treated as a country outside of the EU, which of course we are. But so much for the negotiations.

Of courses it may mean that the EU now consider our produce to be suspect. Or perhaps they are just being awkward as Raywood suggested. Or any other guesses.

John

It’s not a guess but as we have left the EU we are classed as a non EU country and I’m afraid they are rules applicable apart from a very small number of exceptions. If you resign your membership of a club there’s no point in going on about being treated unfairly. Anyone with a complaint really should address it to SW1. We just have to get on with it and make it work.

Last edited:
Reactions: ProfJohnL
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
It’s not a guess but as we have left the EU we are classed as a non EU country and I’m afraid they are rules applicable apart from a very small number of exceptions. If you resign your membership of a club there’s no point in going on about being treated unfairly. Anyone with a complaint really should address it to No 10. We just have to get on with it and make it work.

OC, I could produce.a long answer to that comment, but won’t as it would have the potential to get out of hand. Sufficient to say, if you do not like, understand or respect my opinions, please refrain from commenting.

John

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Quite obviously some people cannot take a warning and continue to make inflammatory remarks about other posters comments.
Therefore this topic is now locked.

Many of you have seen what happened to Swift Talk and the reasons behind the decision to shut it down.

NO PERSON who uses this forum will do that to this Forum, and there will be severe consequences for those who simply cannot control their postings and think that their opinion is the only one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts