Noisy Senator Pump

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
I've finally (after 3 months) had a reply from Whale pumps regarding the noisy onboard pump in Senators. They say:

"One reason identified for the noise is if a small rubber non-return valve is present in the Watermaster socket on the outside the caravan. This is not supposed to be there and we did identify that a number of caravans were sent out from Bailey's with this valve present.

Please check your van to ensure this valve is not present. If there is a valve there, please remove it."

I haven't checked mine yet but I'm passing the information on for the benefit of others. Any comments gratefully received!

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
John

No idea! I asked Whale if I could see it from inside and they said no. I would guess it's a small flap valve that is in the pipe. I can't look at mine till the weekend and will let you know then.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
They usually look like a cylinder about 1in long and as thick as the pipe bore with a ball inside that allows flow in one direction.

If you shake the pipe up and down vertically you should hear it move about.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello PaulT,

If your caravan is in or only just out of warranty, contafct your dealer, and ask them to remove the offending valve. If they dont understand, show them your reply from the manufacturer.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Picked uo our Oklahoma last friday and used it over the weekend, the water pump on the van runs smoothly with hardly any noise noticeable. Water pressure is excellent and the lever system seems to work fine for alternating between the aquaroll and the on board tank. The only criticism I would make is they is no warning of when the on boared tank is full except for watching the overflow under the van. I am extremely pleased with the van, there appears to be no build quality issues something which I could not say about my previous Ace. Richard S

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Glad to hear that build quality is good---only 3 weeks to go for our Oklahoma.

The overflowing when full method of knowing if the tank is full is quite common.I have had that set up for over 10 years and I wait for my low level light to come on and then the tank just takes a full aquaroll without overflowing.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Glad to hear that build quality is good---only 3 weeks to go for our Oklahoma.

The overflowing when full method of knowing if the tank is full is quite common.I have had that set up for over 10 years and I wait for my low level light to come on and then the tank just takes a full aquaroll without overflowing.
Hi John, thanks for the tip the low level light on my van does seem to come on with nearer five litres of water left rather than the two litres Bailey state in the handbook, hardly a major problem though. As I said in the earlier post its a great van which we are really impressed with, hope you are pleased with yours when it arrives shortly. Incidentally our van arrived one week early and the dealer stated that Bailey appear to be ahead of schedule for vans due around the christmas period, when you get your van drop me a line with your thoughts. Regards Richard S

Dec 2, 2005
Visit site
i bought a senator indiana in sep 05, the noise from the onboard pump isn't too bad but it is noticeable, i've looked for the said "valve" and cannot find it, please advise where it can be found?

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
I checked for a valve over the Christmas period and didn't have one. Whale have told me that you can't see if you have the valve from inside the van. As my van is parked near to a wall I can't get to the outside to see (I can lift up the outside flap but that's all). However, if you take the inlet pipe off from inside the van and poke a piece of wire through you can tell if the valve is there or not - if it is there, I expect the wire will knock it out.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts