Norfolk

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Can anyone sell Norfolk to me?

I was looking at the area between Kings Lynn and Cromer.

Can you take dogs on the beaches at peak time? Are the tides/beaches more dangerous around that area?

Thanks

Lisa

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Lisa,Norfolk is a lovely county with lovely people but I am not sure I could sell it to you as surely that would be illegal as I do not own it :eek:)

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Lisa,

If you come to the North Norfolk Coast, you will not be disappointed. While a few coastal resorts do not allow dogs on beaches during peak times, you can take them on the marshes, and collect samphire and cockles, or use the coastal walk which goes on for miles. The tide goes out further than the eye can see, particularly at Stiffkey, Blakeney and Morston, and the beaches are no more dangerous than any where else!

If you are a bird watcher, the RSPB have several reserves around the area, and if you would like, there are also trips to see the seals.

Contrary to what alot of people say, not all of Norfolk is flat, there are many areas which are quite undulating. We class flat as being the Fenland areas of West Norfolk, and Lincolnshire!

There are lots of lovely caravan sites, one of our favourites for a weekend is Incleboro Fields at West Runton, or the new Seacroft site at Cromer, both CC. We do not use commercial sites, so would not like to comment on those at Hunstanton, or Wells.

I hope I have given a good few selling points!!:O)

Wendy

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
Lisa,

Incleboro Fields is superb, there is loads of good walking from the site, nice pubs, lots of beaches that allow dogs, and its just a really nice place to be.

Go, you will enjoy it, just don`t go to the CC site at Seaview.

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Lisa,

Incleboro Fields is superb, there is loads of good walking from the site, nice pubs, lots of beaches that allow dogs, and its just a really nice place to be.

Go, you will enjoy it, just don`t go to the CC site at Seaview.
Angus, have you used the Seacroft site? We haven't, actually, prefering Incleboro Fields site. Seacroft always looks to be full, I suppose it's a bit more child friendly what with the club house and swimming pool!!

Apr 11, 2007
Visit site
Norfolk is superb, we went a couple of weeks ago and loved it, we stopped about 10 mins outside Cromer at a site called Deers Glade which was absolutely fantastic, we walked the dogs on the nearby beaches every day and never struggled to find stuff to do.

It was our first trip to Norfolk adn we will definately be going back!

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
Wendy,

Wetried to get into Seacroft but it was full, so returned to Incleboro Fields. We did call in at Seacroft to see what we were missing.

We found we were missing a fair bit of noise, cramped pitches, high-speed kids on bikes and the aroma of stale beer and fags from the patio area outside the bar.

This may be some peoples idea of heaven (it was certainly full), but for US its not fit to be mentioned in the same sentence as Incleboro with its space, views, walks and general tranquility.

Narrow escape, it seemed more Haven than CC.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. It sounds really nice.

I'll have a look at the site suggestions. I did spot a nice CL but I'm not putting the address on here incase people like the look of it too and there's no places left for us. LOL.

Lisa

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Wendy,

Wetried to get into Seacroft but it was full, so returned to Incleboro Fields. We did call in at Seacroft to see what we were missing.

We found we were missing a fair bit of noise, cramped pitches, high-speed kids on bikes and the aroma of stale beer and fags from the patio area outside the bar.

This may be some peoples idea of heaven (it was certainly full), but for US its not fit to be mentioned in the same sentence as Incleboro with its space, views, walks and general tranquility.

Narrow escape, it seemed more Haven than CC.
Thanks Angus, I don't think I will bother then! :O)

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site

I'll have a look at the site suggestions. I did spot a nice CL but I'm not putting the address on here incase people like the look of it too and there's no places left for us. LOL.

Lisa
There isn't any Lisa, it's full. I rang up this morning.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

Lisa
Stop it! Or I'll set Gaylord onto you.

Lisa

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Both clubs have sites almost adjacnet in West Runton and Sandringham. We have used the C&CC site at both with recommendation despite the weather we experienced. The CC site at Sandringham is mostly gravel hardstanding. If you do visit a 'seal' trip from Blakeney or Morson on the N coast is well worth it. We did expereince some high winds at the coast but had terrific fun kite flying! If you are towing or in larger motoerhome follow the advice ad do not venture along the top coast road, it is bendy and single track through some of the villages.

Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
LHM

As a man of Suffolk it should be with some difficulty for me to recommend Norfolk, but the coast from Hunstanton to Cromer is something to be seen, yes its flat, some cliffs in Hunstanton but mostly marshes. The wild life mostly birds has to be seen, Beaches as with any seaside care must be taken, because it is so flat the tides come in very fast. one last request should you visit, I never miss fish and chips from Wells next to the Sea, sit on the harbor wall and watch the world go by very slowly. By the way there is a Lowland rescue organization here in the flatlands of the East.

David from Suffolk

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts