P&O Concession Fares

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi, We have been looking at the P&O share scheme whereby you buy shares in the company which then qualifies you for concessionary fares on their ferries. Has anyone done this and has it been worthwhile?

I am wondering if we would get much benefit out of the scheme now that they are pulling out of the Le Havre crossing. It would seem that the small savings on the Dover crossings would not be worth it.

Any info or opinion would be welcome.

Clive

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Clive

I,ve held concessionary shares for 20 years. Up until this year they were a good investment.

I regularly used the Portsmouth-Cherbourg route but as you are aware is now defunct.

I have to take my holidays in August so book in December for the following year.This year I changed to Portsmouth-Le Havre which cost me

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I too have always had shares - getting on for thirty year now - and I thoroughly agree with Clive. They have paid for themselves time and time again though.

But I have now discovered the Chunnel and can get deals with them better than with P & O directly. Also as I am not as good on my pins now, the train is a much easier option.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I used to hold P&O shares but frequently found that i could get a better deal elsewhere -particularly the CC website. If you book through this site as a "holiday" not a "ferry" and take the minimum 7 Camping Cheques you may be surprised by the discounts.

I also found the P&O website very "clunky" and not at all user friendly, while their "customer services" failed to reply to every one of the emails I sent. Suggest you reconsider investment.

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
I've held P&O shares for many years and as others have said, they USED to be very worthwhile. In fact, in the past, we've taken as many as three crossings each year with car and caravan. However, I haven't used the concessionary booking scheme for the past four years. Simply because better offers can be found either with P&O or another carrier.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I sold my shares a few years ago when I discovered that the caravan Club ALWAYS offered a better deal for the dates and times we wanted to travel.

Chris H

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts