PLEASE HELP QUICK

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Thats a rather condescending statement as you clearly haven’t read the link about AWS, plus ignored the advice offered by members who have extensive experiences and have used AWS. I sense you are not comfortable using AWS so best stay with the dealership. Of course AWS can do the cable and check ATC.
🙀. Clive, let’s be gentle with Saxo. He’s new to all this stuff. Dealer warranties etc, not wanting to prejudice his position. A bit like me sticking with CMC with the Kia 7 year warranty😉
Of course our AWS engineers can do the job at a fraction of the price. Did he get the “rust “ issue sorted by his Dealer?
Poor Saxo will need another holiday after all his issues and still no Satellite TV? Or did he succeed 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Mel and Saxo Appeal
Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
Thats a rather condescending statement as you clearly haven’t read the link about AWS, plus ignored the advice offered by members who have extensive experiences and have used AWS. I sense you are not comfortable using AWS so best stay with the dealership. Of course AWS can do the cable and check ATC.
No I was out visiting relatives as I go away for 3 weeks to work, so only glanced over it while trying to ask questions...

Have just called East Caravan Services again and left a message to quote for the cable repair, now that I'm back home, visiting the other relatives after Tea :)

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
Wow !!!!

AWS guy just got back in touch and quoted me £90 for repair for the cable, new plug etc

Service costs £227 which includes £5 for Hub Nuts

Can’t believe this, thanks to everyone for recommending AWS , and to @otherclive for the link 😜
Which I was able to fully read once home from relatives 😊

Saving over £300, dealerships costs are high and a good lesson learnt, once again thank you.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
The expensive cable quote could have been to supply and fit a new one as (from memory) they have a moulded plug on the other end that plugs into the fuse box under the seat.

Reactions: Hutch
Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
The expensive cable quote could have been to supply and fit a new one as (from memory) they have a moulded plug on the other end that plugs into the fuse box under the seat.
This was his quote:

The cost is approx £90.00
This includes complete new cable a little extra in case it happens again.
13 connectors
A new plug if screw terminals are corroded
If there is a loop under the Sargent’s unit there may be enough to pull ok through and cut the damaged part off.

All services records will be logged with swift

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
Hi folks, ok just an update on this :)

The guy from AWS popped down to the storage yard, and fixed the cable, he was able to pull some of the wire through and fit the 13pin plug back on, and he only sent us a small charge, which was fantastic.

But, we arrvied a few days ago to take the caravan down to our dealer for the remaining snags to be fixed. But when we first connected the 13 pin, the ATC didn't come on, there was no noise, no green / red light. Which we thought was very odd, this has never happened before, could it still be broken.

But when I started the car the ATC activated, which we find very strange as previously regardless of the engine being on or off, the ATC still activated.

Could it be that the car fuse hs blown? or am I going down the wrong road...any ideas?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts