Practical Caravan's Owner Satisfaction Survey 2018

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
It is time once more for you to get involved and have your say!

Voting is open for Practical Caravan's Owner Satisfaction Survey 2018 – we need to hear from you! This is your chance to tell us, fellow readers and the industry about your caravan, new or used, and the dealer you bought it from. The results of our annual survey give other caravanners the confidence to buy better and tell the industry where it is falling short.

All we need is about 10 minutes of your time. So please click here and get your voice heard. Thank you!

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Just completed the Survey, one problem, the penultimate question is flawed. it ask how many adult motor caravanner in household. There are none in my household but there is no ZERO in the answer. had to answer ONE to complete, :angry: :angry: :angry:

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Yep. Also no adult motor caravanners but had to answer to complete. Also stupid question: If you bought privately would you do do again? Options: yes: no: perhaps. No option of "didn't buy privately". Hence had to choose one of the options. I put perhaps.
Better proof reading in order.
Mel

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
The "motor caravanners" question is simply a typo that is being corrected. Thanks to everyone who has filled the survey in.

And please click here to dig into the results of our 2017 survey – maybe it will inspire you to have your say in our 2018 survey?

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
Mel said:
Yep. Also no adult motor caravanners but had to answer to complete. Also stupid question: If you bought privately would you do do again? Options: yes: no: perhaps. No option of "didn't buy privately". Hence had to choose one of the options. I put perhaps.
Mel
Agreed - didn't anyone test this independent of the survey builder?

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
chrisn7 said:
Mel said:
Mel
Agreed - didn't anyone test this independent of the survey builder?

It was a simple human error that has now been corrected. Thanks, again, to everyone who has responded so far.

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
The question regarding 'Areas of your caravan' has answers pre-completed. This might seem easier for the Respondent to complete, but could easily bias the results if people don't bother to amend the answer to one which is appropriate for them. This is then going to affect the validity of the results.

Further, this question effectively has a 3 point scale being only Poor, Acceptable and Good. This is very inaccurate as most surveys would employ a 10 point scale to reflect degrees of satisfaction from Completely dissatisfied (1)through to Completely satisfied (10).

Pushing Respondents to limited / pre-completed score choices is not being impartial

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Many thanks to all of you who have filled this in. And, yes, we have streamlined the form for the 2018 survey, so that it's quicker and easier to do, to encourage more people to get involved, and to reduce the amount of data we need from each respondent.

Thanks again!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Done, but for next year the section on personal details needs to be slicker. Perhaps a search for address using postcode will obviate the need to fill in every section of the address box. Also why should I submit phone number when I don't want to receive any contact.

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
otherclive said:
Done, but for next year the section on personal details needs to be slicker. Perhaps a search for address using postcode will obviate the need to fill in every section of the address box. Also why should I submit phone number when I don't want to receive any contact.

Thanks – all feedback gratefully received.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts