Prep for a trip

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
We tend to take most of the items that we know are not freely available even at stores of the same chain. It's usually enough for about 5/6 days and then the odd item we'll pick up locally.

Fridge gets filled and other items go in the car.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I order a tesco delivery to the site for when I know the awning will be up

Other than refreshments needed to put said awning up! :tonguewink:
Many sites, quite rightly, will not allow supermarket vans onto the site and will not accept grocery delivery on behalf of a camper just because the camper could not be bothered to wait for their delivery. Part of the experience of going camping is going to a local shop to do the shopping.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
We've thought about doing that. Is it easy to arrange delivery to another address your not registered at?
I regularly order grocery shopping from Tesco to be delivered to my other halfs elderly aunt who lives near to Penzance in Cornwall, which is about 270 miles from us.
With Tesco, when you scroll through the online order form there's a box in which the delivery address can be entered.
There's also a space for delivery instructions, so a location where the driver could be met, say, at the campsite entrance, could be entered.

Reactions: Sam Vimes
May 7, 2012
Visit site
We do end to use mostly the same sites or areas so do know what food supply there will be when we get there but the general location will tend to give you an idea as to what is likely to be available locally and the site staff can normally point out where to go if you do not know.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
......I was 4 years younger when this thread started pre pandemic ;)

The Internet and supermarket deliveries have certainly developed in that time.
Last February my wife ordered a click and collect Sainsburys grocery shop whilst in Tenerife .....it was for collection at our local store the day we arrived home.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
......I was 4 years younger when this thread started pre pandemic ;)

The Internet and supermarket deliveries have certainly developed in that time.
Last February my wife ordered a click and collect Sainsburys grocery shop whilst in Tenerife .....it was for collection at our local store the day we arrived home.
My wife was away last week and an advance order for delivery was placed with Sainsbury. Not only was it delivered to the site but to the actual lodge that they were all staying in. Very convenient as it saved them having to go out shopping after arrival.

Feb 12, 2022
Visit site
Many sites, quite rightly, will not allow supermarket vans onto the site and will not accept grocery delivery on behalf of a camper just because the camper could not be bothered to wait for their delivery. Part of the experience of going camping is going to a local shop to do the shopping.

Some do, some don't. If they don't the driver calls us and we go to reception to collect the delivery. I don't think I 'can't be bothered', just planning in advance. It always works for us and of course the delivery is from a local shop to the site - I'm not keen on spending my holiday food shopping! If you're happy spending an afternoon in the supermarket rather than sightseeing and enjoying your time away then good luck to you. I'd prefer my groceries at the start of the holiday and enjoying the time we have as a family!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts