Products for cleaning exterior of caravan

Aug 7, 2017
Visit site
So many youtube clips and products used for getting your caravan to shine but what do other site users use which has given them the best results ?

from washing to polishing and waxing ?

anything useful for light scratches on windows ?

thanks all..

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I use Fenwicks Caravan Cleaner for washing it and getting rid if any "mould" on the outside especially on tricky areas of roof. Then Fenwicks Bobby Dazzler for a shine. In October after the van has been washed it will be sprayed with the Fenwicks winter wax solution and that stays on until Spring. For specific polish ifany panels don't shine up I use Autoglym. Recently I've used Meguirs spray on polymer and Carnuba wax Gold class Quivk Wax after washing and it does come up nice. Use it on cars too. Windows are really drenched and I use a soft car mitt but don't press hard. Never had to deal with scratched Windows but believe Fenwicks do something. Rubber seals are treated once per year with Autoglym Platsic and Rubber spray, or Armourall.

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I use supermarket own brand car wash.Dilute it stronger than suggested. Brilliant.
I bet its the same chemicals as Fenwicks etc.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I now use Banana Sudz car shampoo on my cars and the caravan.
It's water repellent so rainwater tends to form droplets which run off painted surfaces.
I use either Collinite Insulator Wax or Meguiars Ultimate Wax for the final finish on the cars and caravan depending on weather conditions, the Collinite can be applied in sunlight but the Meguiars product is best done in the shade.
I only polish the vehicles once a year using Meguiars Step 2 polish to remove road grime, the wax protects the shine.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Autoglym motorhome/caravan cleaner , then autuglym wax , autoglym glass cleaner , comes up better than showroom spec , then back to black tyre spray from the poun£ shop !! ( and a sunny day ) B) :p no expense spared !!

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
Autoglym motorhome/caravan cleaner , then autuglym wax , autoglym glass cleaner , comes up better than showroom spec , then back to black tyre spray from the poun£ shop !! ( and a sunny day ) B) :p no expense spared !!

How much is the tyre spray? :p :p

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
SWMBO uses what she's given. At the moment Autoglym caravan and motorhome cleaner. Not much been happening with polish and wax lately but we'll see what winter enthusiasm she musters. The waterless spray when away IF it's got a bit mucky on the journey.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Muckoff is very good at shifting streaks and the crud that collects on the roof, then any good wax car shampoo will leave it sparkling. Just done exactly that on our van this morning.

The same sequence works well on the car as well.

A splash of Muckoff in your washer bottle and you will never have smear problems. (AutoGlym Engine Cleaner is also good for the screen but you only need about 30ml in the bottle - and its water soluble and biodegradable.)

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Also keep a look out for aldi specials cos they do caravan accesories to and cleaning products , ive got the black streak remover , good stuff to

Aug 7, 2017
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
Also keep a look out for aldi specials cos they do caravan accesories to and cleaning products , ive got the black streak remover , good stuff to

watching the Fenwicks youtube video and the black streak remover is actually a 10 to 1 solution of the fenwicks caravan cleaner :p

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
otherclive said:
I use Fenwicks Caravan Cleaner for washing it and getting rid if any "mould" on the outside especially on tricky areas of roof. Then Fenwicks Bobby Dazzler for a shine. In October after the van has been washed it will be sprayed with the Fenwicks winter wax solution and that stays on until Spring. For specific polish ifany panels don't shine up I use Autoglym. Recently I've used Meguirs spray on polymer and Carnuba wax Gold class Quivk Wax after washing and it does come up nice. Use it on cars too. Windows are really drenched and I use a soft car mitt but don't press hard. Never had to deal with scratched Windows but believe Fenwicks do something. Rubber seals are treated once per year with Autoglym Platsic and Rubber spray, or Armourall.
Clive
I could have written this word for word :)
Spot on. :cheer:
The Wyoming is 8 years old now so Fenwicks is good as it's mild on the paint and Bobby Dazzler is sprayed on with a garden type sprayer. The main polishing is exactly per Clive B)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Dustydog said:
otherclive said:
Clive
I could have written this word for word :)
Spot on. :cheer:
The Wyoming is 8 years old now so Fenwicks is good as it's mild on the paint and Bobby Dazzler is sprayed on with a garden type sprayer. The main polishing is exactly per Clive B)

Dusty
After trying quite a lot of different options over the years I have pretty well standardised on the approach I described above, but I'm still a sucker if some other magic solution arrives on the market. But apart from the Meguirs Gold which I have only recently come across its Fenwicks with occasional Autoglym. I tend not to have to use polish very often, sometimes I've gone three years without polishing. However I arrived home last week with the van and car looking as if we'd been greenlaning. Getting it off a water logged CL in Penrith was interesting. Stopped off at Stafford Southbound and got some funny looks from the pristine outfits around me. But car is now tickety boo, and start on the van next.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
I use a carnuba car wash shampoo, then for the front and rear panels I love Care-a-van polish which seems to provide a shine and protect the surfaces between washes. About £12.00 for 500ml and apparently 'recommended by Bailey' for alutech vans, although mine is an older Elddis with fibreglass and ABS panels.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Carnuba wax should not be used on Bailey caravans with Alu Tech bodies. I don't know if it's the same for other GRP skins but it's very clear in the Bailey handbook.

Aug 7, 2017
Visit site
Cheers all

I've ordered the twin pack of Fenwicks caravan cleaner + bobby dazzler £14.65 along with the Fenwicks windowize scratch remover £5.94.

If it does need a polish then i have some autoglym here

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Started to polish my roof today with Meguirs, glad I ran out as I then went on to use Autoglym to finish the rest of the roof off.
The elbow grease required for the Meguirs was beginning to wear me down!
Using the Autoglym was so easy [compared to the Meguirs] and with a better result.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Gagakev said:
Started to polish my roof today with Meguirs, glad I ran out as I then went on to use Autoglym to finish the rest of the roof off.
Using the Autoglym was so easy [compared to the Meguirs] and with a better result.

How do you access the roof to apply a polish? Do you stand/kneel on it?

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
otherclive said:
Gagakev said:

How do you access the roof to apply a polish? Do you stand/kneel on it?

I can walk on my roof, step ladder inside, up through the Heki roof, but do take my shoes off.
Clive DO CHECK with your manufacture you can walk on it, mine is a Fleetwood built by Adria, There are others you can walk on, not many though, didnt Bailey advertise one with a car on the roof a few years back?

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Yes you can walk on Alu Tech Bailey roofs. You can probably walk on pretty much any now a days except possibly Lunar who haven't quite caught up with the idea of the fully bonded roof.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Kev You and Myself can walk on the roofs due to svelt, height,and weight,7 :p
I use the wash and wax stuff from Costco, through and spray rinse thing, and a brush. Most times after being out, and twice a year a G3 WAX , That i use on the car as well.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Morning all , in the last 2o years I have used varrios waxing products and cleaning stuff on my cars, always been kept to a hiigh standard of clean , I'm just like that , but I have found that Autoglym is one of the easiest waxes to use for waxing on and taking off , some you put on and some you really have to rub at to getting it off, I use that on the cars and the caravan, easiest thing going there's also a spray on wax that I got from I think B&M home bargains, W2 ,which I use 4 quick wax you just spray it on rub in and that's it ! Canni stuff to .
Happy cleaning .
Craig .

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
Morning all , in the last 2o years I have used varrios waxing products and cleaning stuff on my cars, always been kept to a hiigh standard of clean , I'm just like that , but I have found that Autoglym is one of the easiest waxes to use for waxing on and taking off , some you put on and some you really have to rub at to getting it off, I use that on the cars and the caravan, easiest thing going there's also a spray on wax that I got from I think B&M home bargains, W2 ,which I use 4 quick wax you just spray it on rub in and that's it ! Canni stuff to .
Happy cleaning .
Craig .
c
Autoglym don't make a wax Craig.
They make polish and a polymer sealant to finish off with which acts a bit like a wax but doesn't last as long.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Gagakev said:

Were you using Meguiars Step 2 polish Kev or one of their other products?
I've never had any problems with buffing it when used as per the instructions, and unlike Autoglym polish it doesn't leave a white dusty residue behind.

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Parksy,
What would you class Autoglym Aquawax as, if you say they do not make a wax.
Whilst on the subject of Autoglym products, has anyone actually used their Aquawax, as I'm tempted to purchase the kit they sell in Halfords, but at £15.99 would like to know if it is effective. Keeping my Adria Astella clean is hard work as well as time consuming.
Regards

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts