Puzzled electrics

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Came off of holiday knowing that my rear roof light is not working. Put new bulb in when at home . Still not working , fuse ok. Took complete assembly apart and found nothing apart from no 12v. Thought is it a wire come adrift at the ESM 2000 BOX. Shifted it out a bit but getting concerned am I getting into a further problem as it is has a back to it. So any one had one out to see what it involve. Double wammy, On journey home up came a warning light which I have never seen before and it is something to do with the exhaust. The motor is still fine but that sign meant going down to Skoda today and them doing a test. The results were it could be anything from a wire loose to engine management. So could either be a quick fix or lenthy investigation.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Robert,
I'm sorry but your description is not very clear, And I can't tell if the light you are telling us about on the car or caravan, or if its inside or outside.

But clearly if there is no power getting to the bulb, it wont work, Often such issues in caravans are becasue the switches have not been set correctly, but assuming the switches are OK it will either be a fuse, or a bad contact or broken wire. But realistically we cant tell you which that might be through a forum.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hello Robert,
I'm sorry but your description is not very clear, And I can't tell if the light you are telling us about on the car or caravan, or if its inside or outside.

But clearly if there is no power getting to the bulb, it wont work, Often such issues in caravans are becasue the switches have not been set correctly, but assuming the switches are OK it will either be a fuse, or a bad contact or broken wire. But realistically we cant tell you which that might be through a forum.
I think it must be the car from my reading of the issue.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Robert mentions his ESM 2000 Box. This is the control charger fuse box system fitted over a number of years to Swift caravans.I assume his first problem is the caravan and the second ,as said by Buckman ,is the car.
Perhaps Robert could share a pic of the warning light?

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Sorry chaps for vague information, It is for my caravan interior rear ceiling light which the wiring diagram shows the pink colour wire is positive and that is what I was trying to find out why all the other lights are ok apart from this one. Must have spent over four hours altogether looking. Then woke up in middle of night and my thoughts went to the problemn and could not wait to go to caravan in the morning to check the awning light switch on the control panel and it was off!, could not believe all that hassle . Wonder why they had a connection to that one light from the awning light. Any way thanks for replies.

Reactions: Dustydog
Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
So you need to turn your awning light on to use an internal ceiling light in your caravan? :unsure:
No, the awning light has it own switch which is outside but inside there is another switch which isolates the outside one. Why the interior light is connected to the outside one I do not know.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
On our Coachman 545, 2010, the awning light also put on the two floor level lights when you , put the awning light on with the key fob. But you could switch them off from inside.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts