Recommendation please?

Jul 16, 2006
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Has anyone been to Pentewan Sands holiday park? If so what where your experiences and what where the seviced pitches like?

Thanks,

Don

Oct 27, 2006
Visit site
Hi stayed at Pentewan for 2 weeks in August this year. Very nice site, very good amenities and childrens clubs etc. Would advise you to stay away from the main road part of the site (i.e F Field), as it was very noisy with traffic late into the night. We had pitch F66 which proved to be a very small pitch and very sloped. Overall, very good site.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Is that the site on the beach on the Mevagissey road, (on the left as you are driving towards mevagissey from Bodmin)? It always looks full to the brim each time I've passed it.

Lisa

Jul 16, 2006
Visit site
I dont know Lisa. Its a place the Missus has picked out for next year because it appears to be on the beach and the sand appears to be sand. If you saw my post about Breen Sands then you will understand why she has gone for this one. It looks terrific in the brochure but we fell for that one last year and thats why I asked if anyone had stayed there and what they thought about it. Thanks anyway,

Don

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi donald

I think it might be the site I am referring to. It all depends on what you are used to and what you like. I don't like overcrowding and I am happy to stay somewhere with basic facilities and maybe a five mile drive to the beach but with plenty of space between units. We have found a campsite which we have stayed at for the past two years near Bodmin and it's set in 25 acres with a four acre area for caravans. It only allows 25 units (tents and caravans) and it suits our needs perfectly. If it is the site I am thinking it might be, they are crammed in, we always slow down when driving past to get a good look. (Sad I know but hey ho).

Lisa

Jul 16, 2006
Visit site
Thanks Lisa,

I think this needs futher investigation. We did say after last years debacle that we would spend a day out and investigate any site we thought we would like to stay at so maybe thats the way to go about this. Sort of try before you buy. thanks for the info anyway. Will let you know how we get on after the visit.

Don

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Went to Pentewan a couple of years ago. Good facilities ie shower block, washing up sinks. Not used the club house so cant answer for that, looked like the usual noisy beery type of place. Quite a good shop on site. Pitches are a bit cramped in some areas, but depends on the size of your van really. If you have a big twin wheeler you might find it a bit tight.

Little village right next to the site, with only one pub serving great food. Downside is that it is the only pub, so it was packed to the rafters every night.

Park is in great location if you like walking over the cliff tops, Mevagissy is in walking distance, takes around an hour.

Sep 23, 2006
Visit site
A friend of mine lives about 5 miles from Pentewan, and he has heard that to get one of the best pitches close to the beach you have to book very early like NOW, if you want a peak season booking. Apparently the site has a good reputation amongst the locals down there.

Jul 16, 2006
Visit site
Thanks to everyone who posted on the Pentawan Sands question. It looks like we will have to make our move soon if we are going to get where we want. We will go soon and have a look then I'll let you know what we find. Thanks again,

Don

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts