Reversed Polarity

Mar 8, 2007
Visit site
I am off to Spain in July/August and would like some information with regards to the Electricity supply on site.

Do (or should) I take my 2 pin Euro Adaptor and Polarity Tester with me, or are Spanish sites more modernised.

I always have these when in France, as I know the supply can differ between sites, but I can't find any information regarding Spanish sites.

Thanks in advance, Martin

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
From experience of a fair number of Spanish sites - on one now - bring all you adaptors and tester as you never know quite what you will find. polarity can change from outlet to outlet in the same box. I carry two pin addaptors normal and reversed and a 16amp reveresed short lead. Also a rubber 13 amp socket on a short 16amp connector so you can check the polarity right at the box. These are often locked and someone will come, unlock and connect you but won't be too happy about standing around for too long while you go back to the van to check. You can, though, just use the short length with 16amp plug and socket at the eends and wirred reverse at the van end if you end up with RP connection. (By 16amp I mean the type of connection fitted to the van and at most UK sites). Hope this helps.

Mar 8, 2007
Visit site
Ray,

Thanks for the quick response, I will take 2 pin euro plug as well as short reversed polarity 3 pin 16amp lead and polarity tester,

best regards, Martin

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts