Rip-off charges

Oct 30, 2005
Visit site
Ringing round quite a few touring parks near Lincoln so we could visit the Lincoln christmas market, I found all of them full except one. I wasn't surprised there was vacancies the price they were charging. December 8th-10th they were charging £20 per night plus £1.50 per night extra for our grandson. To a lot of people this might not sound a lot but when sites double their prices just for one weekend I will not patronise them. If it was a big site with plenty of facilities and amenities I could have understood the fee but it was only a very small site with basic facilities.

Needless to say we will not be going to Lincoln this year but are going to that delightful city Bath and distance is a bit shorter than Lincoln.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There are several sites at woodhall spa (including Bainland butit does tend to be a tad expensive) about 18 miles, I dont know if they are all open, perhaps they may be better priced

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
Albert;- In a foot note to my comment on Scotland you mention High Range Caravan Site in Aviemore and suggest that they have a 17 litre water allowance and an allocation of electricity( after which you pay for more for both )

Your facts are worthy of further investigation ! How do they monitor usage, especially of water. 17 litres is less than half an aquaroll !

This could be the best rip off story yet !

They have a web site but no detail is given.

Jan 10, 2006
Visit site
Hi Earnest

I sympathise with you about the cost of the sites just for the xmas market weekend i live in Lincoln and my wifes birthday always falls on the weekend of the waddington airshow so relatives who come for the annual birthday booze up struggle to find a pitch or accomadation and if they do its always expensive.

Iwould say this however if you can still get to the market it is worth the visit it is in my opinion the perfect start to the run up to christmas.

I dont know if you have seen this http://www.waddingtonairshow.co.uk/travel.asp?cpID=21

but it is a list of campsites for the wddington airshow some may be open for the market. If not have a good time in Bath

jon

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi milestone caravan club site at newark is not that far from lincon the site is very nice hardstanding pitches and about 12 a night with hookup fot this time of year

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts