Ross Park, Ipplepen, Devon

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Hello - we have booked a week at the above 2nd week in August. Just the two of us as my son away with his Dad. Anyone stayed on this site? We have booked a fully serviced pitch. Very familiar with the area but wanted to know if the site is as good as the reviews say it is???? Cheers. Lisa and John.

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
Hi Lisa
we go to this site on a regular basis, its lovely... the moment you arrive Mark will site your van and level it .he will make sure that you know where everything is, its a very relaxed site. lovely games fields lovely dog walk and a lovely restaurant conservatory. you have to book in for a meal so dont just turn up and expect one. the showers are fab especially the new ones that are round the back of the older ones. theres free wifi now too. the location is good about 50 yards off the main road. and Paington Torquay etc are about 30 mins away depending on traffic. we are going middle to end of August we tend to go most years. you will find that a lot of people go year after year. i know you are going fully serviced but most services are close at hand, we normally stay on the grass part in the middle . you will not be disappointed....

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Carmen, I read about Mark siting your van in the reviews and we will take advantage of this. It does sound lovely and will take note to book in for a meal, my parents are staying with us for 2 nights, so would be nice to 'go out for a meal' without having to drive anywhere. Cannot wait now! It makes us wish we had a dog as it has won best pet friendly site too. Hope you enjoy your week also. Lisa.
smiley-smile.gif

Jan 15, 2008
Visit site
We have stayed on this site and would consider it as perhaps the best we have stayed at,but then we are new to caravanning having only started in 1975 !
We dont have a dog but the dog walk even has a building with a dog shower and drier, he will pitch your van if required and does it in minutes,one thing we liked was slabs set in the grass providing stepping stones from your awning to the roadway,also the roads are 'gravel' which he rakes with his tractor on a very regular basis,flowers baskets everywhere,the restaurant/bar/conservatory is beautiful.

All I can say is if you dont like it there you must be very hard to please.

If I knew how to put photos on here I would do so ,but I dont. lol

Jan 17, 2008
Visit site
plotter said:
We have stayed on this site and would consider it as perhaps the best we have stayed at,but then we are new to caravanning having only started in 1975 !
We dont have a dog but the dog walk even has a building with a dog shower and drier, he will pitch your van if required and does it in minutes,one thing we liked was slabs set in the grass providing stepping stones from your awning to the roadway,also the roads are 'gravel' which he rakes with his tractor on a very regular basis,flowers baskets everywhere,the restaurant/bar/conservatory is beautiful.

All I can say is if you dont like it there you must be very hard to please.

plotter
have a look here http://www.practicalcaravan.com/forum/our-website/how-post-photos-forum

If I knew how to put photos on here I would do so ,but I dont. lol

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I chose it because it was so highly rated but it's always nice to hear from someone who knows from first hand experience. Can't wait now for our holiday there and will let you know ... cheers.

Jan 15, 2008
Visit site
Re photos thanks for the link I might give it a shot when I get back from Cornwall in a couple of weeks,last time Parksy came to my house and I had a 1-2-1 tutorial
smiley-cool.gif

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
We haven't been to that site but went to the one just down the road, Dornafield. People rave about this site, which I wasn't too keen on because of the narrow roadways, but have been told many times since that Ipplepen is a nicer site.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
We were last there ten years ago. QI remember the dog walk and facilities were excellent. If it has been improved then it will be excellent excellent.
I may have another go next year.

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
In over 40 years of touring, Ross Park is without doubt the best site we have been to.
The owners Mark and Helen work tirelessly (to be honest I don't know how they do it) and they have excellent support staff.
One more tip - if you want a proper full English breakfast, go to Fermoys Garden Centre just down the road.

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Wow - looks like we hit the jackpot then with this site. Cannot wait and will definately give the full English a go ... treat the OH as he's a Chef lol! Thanks.
smiley-smile.gif

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi Lisa, as you have proberbly made out I live in the area (3miles from the site) so if there is anything specific you want to know just ask,
Shame we are away around the same time or you could have popped in for a cuppa. We are off to Somerset (First time for the topper!!!!!)

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Aw that would have been lovely Kev - never mind, perhaps another time? We are familiar with the area as we used to stay with OH's sister who owned a B&B in Torquay - but cannot wait to get on the site and see it for ourselves. Which would be the nearest beach (a quieter one if at all possible) do you think?
Good luck with the topper - let me know what you think!

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
soldlisa04 said:
Aw that would have been lovely Kev - never mind, perhaps another time? We are familiar with the area as we used to stay with OH's sister who owned a B&B in Torquay - but cannot wait to get on the site and see it for ourselves. Which would be the nearest beach (a quieter one if at all possible) do you think?

There all quiet at the moment
smiley-laughing.gif

My work took me to the Salcombe area today and down to South Sands beach, not vast, car park, cafe and they have a tractor ferry going across to Salcombe itself which is a lovely place to visit. About an hours drive and approched down a typical Devon country lane.
There are many in the area so heres a choice
South Hams
Torbay
Think you will find the South Hams area a bit quieter.
You could also consider Shaldon which is accessed through the " Smugglers Tunnel" which also has a ferry across to Teignmouth
Hope this helps
Forgot to mention this one Blackpool Sands but as it is privatly owned would advise phone call for parking fees etc

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I can see why this site is constantly nominated as best Practical Caravan site. SUPERB. We arrived and were met by the owner who took us straight to our fully serviced pitch (what a luxury) where he expertly pitched our van in what seemed like seconds. John and I managed to put up our large awning in quite high winds on our own and within 2.5 hours were sat in the sunshine having our first drink of the day. Beautiful site, the flowers were superb. Showers/loos best we've ever seen. Sadly my son was with his Dad but he would have loved the table tennis tables, skittle alley, games room, snooker room etc. on site. There was a huge leisure field where the kids could fly kites, ride bikes etc. (no dogs allowed in this field) and there was even a badminton/basketball court. Brilliant. Have recommended this site to many friends and family and all are keen to try for themselves. We enjoyed a couple of superb meals in the conservatory restaurant (John is a Chef and he said the food was lovely) and my parents stayed with us for 3 nights and they couldn't get over it! Free poo bags at the start of every dog walk (there are 3) and a lovely dog shower/hairdryer to keep your pooches clean. No noise whatsoever from kids, all were superbly behaved, lovely to see dogs who were all well behaved. Absolutely first class site and we are going back next year. Loved it. Also, our mover handset packed up so once again, the owner came and removed our van from the pitch and hooked up to our car in minutes. By which time there were two lads mowing around our pitch, raking up the grass and raking the gravel on our pitch ready for the next customer. Excellent service, other sites could do well to copy what these people do as NOTHING is too much trouble. Oh and Mum won twice at their Thursday night Bingo ... what more could you want?
smiley-wink.gif

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I can see why this site is constantly nominated as best Practical Caravan site. SUPERB. We arrived and were met by the owner who took us straight to our fully serviced pitch (what a luxury) where he expertly pitched our van in what seemed like seconds. John and I managed to put up our large awning in quite high winds on our own and within 2.5 hours were sat in the sunshine having our first drink of the day. Beautiful site, the flowers were superb. Showers/loos best we've ever seen. Sadly my son was with his Dad but he would have loved the table tennis tables, skittle alley, games room, snooker room etc. on site. There was a huge leisure field where the kids could fly kites, ride bikes etc. (no dogs allowed in this field) and there was even a badminton/basketball court. Brilliant. Have recommended this site to many friends and family and all are keen to try for themselves. We enjoyed a couple of superb meals in the conservatory restaurant (John is a Chef and he said the food was lovely) and my parents stayed with us for 3 nights and they couldn't get over it! Free poo bags at the start of every dog walk (there are 3) and a lovely dog shower/hairdryer to keep your pooches clean. No noise whatsoever from kids, all were superbly behaved, lovely to see dogs who were all well behaved. Absolutely first class site and we are going back next year. Loved it. Also, our mover handset packed up so once again, the owner came and removed our van from the pitch and hooked up to our car in minutes. By which time there were two lads mowing around our pitch, raking up the grass and raking the gravel on our pitch ready for the next customer. Excellent service, other sites could do well to copy what these people do as NOTHING is too much trouble. Oh and Mum won twice at their Thursday night Bingo ... what more could you want?
smiley-wink.gif

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
Hi Lisa, Im glad you enjoyed Ross Park, we love the site we have only just come back ourselves -28th- having spent the week there.The best site we have ever stayed on....

Di3

Jul 20, 2008
Visit site
Saw the comments by others took a look at the web site was impressed, saw they had festive package so sent an email asking for details, came back very quickly. Can understand why people like it, so looks like we may have sorted new year!!

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
soldlisa04 said:
Hi Lisa, glad you enjoyed your stay but I have my reservations about the sunshine
smiley-laughing.gif

Must try it for myself for a weekend if all your family and friends dont beat me to it
smiley-smile.gif

Now the Topper-------best bit of kit I have ever got for the caravan so much so that it is on my bed at home.
smiley-smile.gif
( put the cut off corner under the pillow, ha ha)
Every time in the van and occasionally at home I would wake with an aching back..... not any more, its brilliant.

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Kev ... so chuffed that the topper has transformed your life! I wouldn't be without mine on our bed in the van and all for £30.

It did rain a lot on our week at RP but it seemed to clear just as we were about to go out or it started as we came back to the van so it didn't seem to ruin the week too much but it would have been nice to have been without the rain!!! Off to Cirencester Park this weekend and its supposed to be a scorcher!!!!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Di said:
Dusty could be location for Woosie meet??
Di

Hi Di

It's a lovely place and our new King is just down the road!

I'm up for it but don't forget we do have Woosie's further up north.
Something to kick around at Poston Mill. Can't wait.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts