Rover 75 2.0 Diesel 2002

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have just bought this car and I love it. Looking forward to pulling my Burstner 455 Ts. It has strange howling noise at about 2000 revs, and dealers can't trace the source of the noise. Any one had this and know what it is. Any help will be apreciated.

Jimbo

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Is it a cat trapped underneath somewhere ?

I have a 2003CDTi aand it tugs like a dream, you have to be mindfull of the speed, tends to race away a bit !!!!!!

Apr 10, 2005
Visit site
I have had a cdt tourer for a few months and also love it.I have a mate who is a mechanic who also has one , he had to have his mirrors changed because of the wnd noise they caused also if it is wind noise it could be a badly fitted screen or the wrong wiper blades the drivers side should have a wind deflector good luck

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Is it a cat trapped underneath somewhere ?

I have a 2003CDTi aand it tugs like a dream, you have to be mindfull of the speed, tends to race away a bit !!!!!!
definateley no cat's underneath, no dogs called Rover either!!!

We are off down to Devon next month, a long haul from Durham so the car will get a good test. Thanks for the response.

Jimbo

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have had a cdt tourer for a few months and also love it.I have a mate who is a mechanic who also has one , he had to have his mirrors changed because of the wnd noise they caused also if it is wind noise it could be a badly fitted screen or the wrong wiper blades the drivers side should have a wind deflector good luck
thanks Clive, the noise is definately from the engine, around the pulley area. I will keep pestering the dealers until they sus it. Thanks for the respone mate.

Jimbo

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I too have a Rover 75 CDTI and have just been down to Devon and back for a holiday all though the car has just done 2.000 miles and not yet realy run in it went very well towing a Bailey Oklahoma and certainly no complaints with a return of 28 mpg towing. Allowance in the roof box and on the hook are 100kgs Max tow 1600kgs

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts