RUBBISH RELEGATED QUALITY STOCK AT DEALERS BEING SOLD

Feb 3, 2009
Visit site
Yep,278 MILE ROUND TRIP,is it me,cant name the dealer in the north but not far from some barracks i fink!!!!!!.the quality of 2nd hand vans is amazing poor.today i travelled from Burton were i live to look at a 2002 elddis to find that it might as well have been placed near the A1 and shot at by the army.boy,man,the frustaration when dealers get you to come and you find the quality that bad.i was about to invest £5995 in this van.is it just me or are other people finding this.i travelled back down the m1 and have been to look at a abi victory 2009 with a 8 year water ingress warranty,3 year mecanical warranty and 4.5% apr.all the kit,aquarolls,wastemaster,battery for £10,800.whilst i dont want to spend that much i am protecting my purchase against future problems.just by paying the extra 4k alone i am getting peice of mind.it seems we live in a throw away market where you just use and abuse and then pass on.how frustrating it is that i have to air these comments on line here and such a shame we as forum members that try to help each other with tips,offers of advice cant name and shame these incompentent dealers.i suppose the www web is just a glorified advertising site!!!

i now look forward to the arrival of new caravan.

rant over

thanks

Apr 9, 2007
Visit site
Yes i agree i travelled a 4 hour journey to look at a van described as perfect condition and you wont find better.

On arrivel the dents on body work was unreal the previous owners must have been touring in a war zone to get that many dints well p=====ed off,finally bought another van but paid more to get a perfect one regards mark

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
Have to agree with you WBABOING when we went looking for our first van four years ago we went to a well known dealer the other side of the county to us and were gobsmacked at the poor quality. When looking inside it was immediately obvious the ones that had damp or the owners who had had dogs and /or smoked just from the smell. There was just no pride taken in the presentation. We were prepared to scrap the idea of investing our (very) hard earned cash in a caravan till we looked at some private examples and wow what a difference.

G

I agree it is disappointing to visit outfits that are in poor condition, especially if they are advertised differently.

However, when looking at a2nd hand item it is obvious that it is unlikely to look as new, unless the previous owner dumped it very quickly, and then you ask yourself, why.

But many dealers do not do more than a very cursory clean up of 2nd hand stock, as they know people will be tramping in and out. They will usually do a complete valet and fix all faults once a sale has been agreed however, and maybe one should be realistic in looking at a particular item and relate everything to age and price etc. If the basics are sound, and the price is within budget, then negotiate the rest.

However, I do firmly agree on anything that has a strong doggy or smokers smell. I would walk away immediately, as I doubt you would ever get rid of it completely.

G

I agree it is disappointing to visit outfits that are in poor condition, especially if they are advertised differently.

However, when looking at a2nd hand item it is obvious that it is unlikely to look as new, unless the previous owner dumped it very quickly, and then you ask yourself, why.

But many dealers do not do more than a very cursory clean up of 2nd hand stock, as they know people will be tramping in and out. They will usually do a complete valet and fix all faults once a sale has been agreed however, and maybe one should be realistic in looking at a particular item and relate everything to age and price etc. If the basics are sound, and the price is within budget, then negotiate the rest.

However, I do firmly agree on anything that has a strong doggy or smokers smell. I would walk away immediately, as I doubt you would ever get rid of it completely.
i went to the same dealer on thurs had a look around the vans very poor is there a shortage of good second hand vans about iwonder

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site

it is annoying when you know full well how much the dealers are probably making on a van they have bought in the least they can do is make them as presentable to future buyers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts