Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Maz

Can't help from personal experience as I have a Nissan X-Trail but you could look at this link http://www.i2k.com/~gopack/santafeforum Unfortunately it seems many based in the USA but it does have a UK section.

David

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Bought one new in June and so far am well impressed. Have towed from Bolton to Shrewsbury and Bolton to Dover (both returns) and it tows very well - very stable. (van weight approx 1340kg)

Trim basic but OK, mpg towing about 25 - but did tow at 60 mph (ish!). Servicing costs look OK and are 10000/12 months. Warranty is 5 years with certain limitations.

Possibly the best tow car I've had (BX/2*Xantia/daewoo Musso).

Have a test drive and I think you will be impressed!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for those coments. I've had a test drive & was well impressed - even the 'rolling' on corners wasn't too bad! I'll also be checking out the new Kia Sportage, available for test drives later this month.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Maz, we have had a Santa Fe since March 04 towing a 1500kg Eccles. So far it has been superb, no problems at all. Solo mpg if around 35-36, towing around 22-24 at 60mph. It is getting close to it's first service so I'm about to find out if the aftersales is as good as the sales - which was excellent. If the website saves them for that long, there are loads of posts about this from March / April this year. Buy one!! Neal

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi - I purchased a new 2.0 CRTD Santa Fe March 03. I use it to pull a 92'Bucanner Caravelle. The vehicle behaves impeccably with the van, no swaying when passed by HGV's on motorways, no to steep hill starts are fine. When going up steep hills then yes the gearbox has to be used but then the power is there to maintain and increase speed. As posted before towing mpg approx 27 and solo mixed driving typically 35-38mpg. Have towed the van in Scotland and Cornwall with no problems, this is a good all round vehicle.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Got very close to buying one - ended up with the new Tucson. A bit smaller, but similar 2 ltr engine - so should go well with the lighter body. We haven't towed yet as we have just read in the handbook 'not to tow for 10,000 miles'!

Have a look at one - we have the top of range - lots in it for the price. Shop around though as prices vary a lot.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Bought one in September and have only had one outing before wintering the caravan. Towed my Lunar Solar Eclipse 615 with no problem whatsoever. Just make sure you put at least 1000 miles on the clock before towing otherwise you may invalidate your warranty.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts