sat navs

Nov 11, 2008
Visit site
Hi Everyone
Being that most vehicles come with a sat nav system factory fitted is there any way i can update my system to include all the caravan club sites, instead of me having to buy the snooper caravan club one for another £399, and then having to have it sitting on my dash board.
Can anyone help. I have a 2009 freelander 2

Regards
Bob
c2rwt

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
c2rwt said:
Hi Everyone
Being that most vehicles come with a sat nav system factory fitted is there any way i can update my system to include all the caravan club sites, instead of me having to buy the snooper caravan club one for another £399, and then having to have it sitting on my dash board. Can anyone help. I have a 2009 freelander 2
Regards
Bob
c2rwt

I don't think you can which is why built in satnavs are a pain. However why don't you ask your dealer if POIs can be inputted into the system?

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
c2rwt said:
Hi Everyone
Being that most vehicles come with a sat nav system factory fitted is there any way i can update my system to include all the caravan club sites, instead of me having to buy the snooper caravan club one for another £399, and then having to have it sitting on my dash board.
Can anyone help. I have a 2009 freelander 2

Regards
Bob
c2rwt
can't comment on the POI's but you can buy up to date CD's to upgrade your maps

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
I'm afraid that you wont be able to put the CC sites on your Freelander's sat nav. However, it's very easy to put them onto TomTom devices free from their website. What I tend to do before we go away is get the GPS co-ordinates of the sites from Google maps, and then store them in the car's memory (naming them as per the sites). Laborious, but works.

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
Has anypone else noticed that the GPS coordinates for sites in the ACSI sites book are frequently different to the ones published in the CC's Caravan Europe book. The ACSI ones always seem to be incorrect, sometimes by quite a distance if you enter them into Google Earth whereas Caravan Europe ones seem to be very accurate. I always check them before entering them into my satnav having fallen foul of the ACSI information in the past.

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
I don't think ACSI are alone in that. If possible I always try to find site entrances on Google maps and Street View if available. You can then get the exact co-ordinates. AsI said, it's long winded but works well.
Nigel.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I always get my POI's from Archies website although I imagine that he gets his co-ordinates from ACSI. I don't recall having a particular problem in finding sites on my TomTom and I have used dozens of their campsites. If you find a POI which is incorrect Archie is always happy to hear from you.
David

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I tend to use my Garmin when towing rather than the cars own satnav. Using Garmin software (Basecamp or Mapsource) I can programme the exact routes into the satnav using my home PC this overcomes any inaccuracies in using longitude and latitude. But I also have a printed Google Maps route and map book for my 'co-pilots' use.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts