Scottish Caravan Exibition SECC

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
bertieboy1 said:
Concession entry £8.00,car park £10.00 what a ripoff- sheer greed,no wonder attendances are low. !
Won't get £10.00 of me HA HA

Nor me Bertieboy1.

I might go along though using my free bus pass, I've discovered that non rush hour bus travel can be quite relaxing and stress free.

I still resent having to pay to go into any establishmentshowwhatever that is in effect a shop.

It is not an entertainment show it is a danged sales show, they should be giving us incentives to enter.

Now I have gotten myself annoyed at the whole bloody scenario, so I am now NOT GOING.

Great, now I feel much better :p

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Just had a look at ticket prices.

Seniors £10 + £1 booking fee = £11.00

http://www.caravanshowscotland.com/tickets
Camping and Caravanning Club offer is:
Senior £9 + 10% booking fee, £9.90

https://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/newsandevents/shows-and-exhibitions/scottish-caravan-motorhome-holiday-home-show/
There is also an offer for Friday only 2 adults for £13.00 total (with members voucher).

Member On the Door Walk Up Voucher

2 for 1 ENTRY ON CAMPING AND CARAVANNING CLUB DAY – FRIDAY 8 FEBRUARY 2019

Camping and Caravanning Club members can take advantage of a fantastic half price offer on two full price adult on-the-door tickets at the Scottish Caravan, Motorhome & Holiday Home Show on Friday 8 February 2019 by using the voucher that can be downloaded within the members area.

You can print the voucher to gain half price on-the-door admission for two adults (you pay a total of £13 instead of £26) to the show on Friday 8 February 2019. Doors open at 10am.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We will go by train and use one of our club memberships to get in cheap. It is for us an interesting day out and the price to get in is comparable with other exhibitions there. We get concession returns on the train for about 1.50 pounds return so driving is not worth it.
The parking charge however is a disgrace and profiteering at its worst. Seats for the catering is also generally a bit short.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
JayTea said:
Would I recommend it?
Yes if you want a day out and aren't too fussed about the £34.00+ it will cost a couple, I would expect the next 3 days to be busier than today and although there was no queueing to see the inside of the caravans there was a bit of pushing & shoving going on once inside.

I live near the NEC, so have been to probably 7 of the last 8 caravan shows; It is a cheap day out at those shows... (if you aren't traveling from Scotland) c.£8-10 for a ticket and free car parking. You get the same peddlers of spurious tut, but they can be easily avoided.

Bargains wise, we got a cheap Canopy/Awning last October. At the February show we purchased our Sprite - Got quite a good deal (thanks to my wife's negotiating skills) from a local dealer.

But, it does get rammed on the weekends, so looking in caravans can be 'fun'.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We went yesterday using the C&CC buy one get one free, and the cheap train ticket £3 return for two of us.

There was a fair selection of caravans there but the stands are booked by dealers who obviously do not know what the others are bringing so there was quite a few duplicates there. The dealers seemed to be pushing the larger top of the range and mid priced caravan so there were no Venus, Vision or Xplore models on view, which seemed to be a bit shortsighted as this left that segment to Swift and Bailey.

Adria and Knaus seem to be missing a trick as well by staying away, as there seemed to be plenty of business being done.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts