Second Lockdown 😥😥😥😥😥😥😥

Page 18 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
As I suspected Clive, I will get mine end of March at the earliest using your link. On that basis I have revisited my calculations. I suspect the last vaccinations may well not happen until next autumn2021. Not good😥

• Sad
Reactions: otherclive
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
According to the calculator I should get mine in Feb and OH hers sometime in March however due to current treatment it seems it is unlikely I can have the injection in Feb anyway.
IMHO if one person in the household is classed as vulnerable then both or other members of the same household should also be treated at the same time.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi Clive, I’m not sure the figures that are quoted regarding the number of vaccines being given can be achieved but I really do hope that those number can be achieved I really do because I come out as being given my vaccine between mid Jan to mid Feb and if that turns out to be correct I’ll be ecstatic, my wife who is a year younger was only a 3-4 weeks later, I think we will both be celebrating if it’s anywhere near the dates it came up with.

BP

Reactions: Dustydog
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi Clive, I’m not sure the figures that are quoted regarding the number of vaccines being given can be achieved but I really do hope that those number can be achieved I really do because I come out as being given my vaccine between mid Jan to mid Feb and if that turns out to be correct I’ll be ecstatic, my wife who is a year younger was only a 3-4 weeks later, I think we will both be celebrating if it’s anywhere near the dates it came up with.

BP
You can adjust vaccine rate in the advanced setting.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes I did see I could but I thought I’d give it a month or two and see what the actual vaccine numbers are by then, I’m not expecting it to be anytime soon unfortunately, I’d have said yes on day one but it will happen eventually I just have to keep on being careful in the mean time, the light is still there, and I’m a patient person.

BP

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Well at last my wife and I had the injection Thursday, no problem apart from usual slight discomfort in arm which usually goes down after few days. What was interesting was looking at other folk in que to how we are and am lucky not to be like some of similar ages.
Our car has done so small mileage that we are getting 25/30 mpg instead of 45 mpg.

Reactions: JezzerB
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Well at last my wife and I had the injection Thursday, no problem apart from usual slight discomfort in arm which usually goes down after few days. What was interesting was looking at other folk in que to how we are and am lucky not to be like some of similar ages.
Our car has done so small mileage that we are getting 25/30 mpg instead of 45 mpg.

???????

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Interesting. The calculator seems to have similar dynamics to my own quick assessment.

But this highlights a concern I raised about the expectations of what you will be able to do when you have bee vaccinated - Just becasue you have had the vaccination, it does not mean you can blithely return to normal life. There will still be people who will continue to be at risk, so there are still likely to be restrictions in place to protect them until the transmission risk has been brought down to a very low level.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Interesting. The calculator seems to have similar dynamics to my own quick assessment.

But this highlights a concern I raised about the expectations of what you will be able to do when you have bee vaccinated - Just becasue you have had the vaccination, it does not mean you can blithely return to normal life. There will still be people who will continue to be at risk, so there are still likely to be restrictions in place to protect them until the transmission risk has been brought down to a very low level.
Yes. From what I read in the broad sheets🤪 the vaccination does not as proven yet , stop the recipient from being a carrier. Nor does the first injection give you immunity, nor does the second (PFizer) give 100%. Yes a major step forward but one to be respected. That said it is not all doom and gloom. So you may be 85% safe and protected but as Prof indicates NOT. 100%. I say let’s see where we are next autumn! Sorry 🤪Ducks as eggs are thrown😜😜

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The PM is expected to announce further restrictions in London and the SE counties to kerb the rise of c19 cases in a few minutes. It's likely to be called "tier 4"

There is founded speculation the increases in the SE are at least partly due to the new strain of C19 which has been discovered, The evidence suggests it is even more readily transmissible hence the continued rise in infection. Presently there is no hint its produces more serious symptoms, just that it is managing to infect more people.

The consequence is serious becasue NHS bed utilisation is hovering just above 90%, and it would only take a small increase to max out the NHS's covid beds.

And that potentially affects everyone - Consider, if the beds are full and you or a relative comes down with the virus and need hospital support, it's not going to be available.

It isn't the Government's responsibility to make the population observe covid precautions, it's the responsibility of every individual.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Covid doesn’t understand Christmas.
Batten down the hatches or Chance your arm😢
Sadly a lot of the U.K. and media don’t understand the true severity of this bug. No wonder that woman is no longer broadcasting on Sky news.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
it looks like everything has changed at christmas only three housholds to meet on christmas day only rather than the five days as planned and not to break the rules .
Take Care Keep Safe Everyone

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Well todays news we are now going into Tier 4 so my mpg I spoke about will be zilch. Wonder how long it will; last as we bought our son a plant which at moment just goes in car and we have not got a sun roof.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
I live in a tier 2 Sussex Village surrounded by open fields crisscrossed by footpaths.
Since the nearby next village is in Surrey and now tier 4............ a 2 mile country walk can now easily move in and out of a completely different set of rules :unsure:

.......a short drive can now take me to a town locked down or to one seemingly operating not that far from normality.

Me thinks we will all be in tier 4 soon :(

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Well todays news we are now going into Tier 4 so my mpg I spoke about will be zilch. Wonder how long it will; last as we bought our son a plant which at moment just goes in car and we have not got a sun roof.
Hi Robert_374373903 been in tier 3 since lockdown my car has not been out this week it 27months old 9,660 miles so i know how you feel

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Nottinghamshire are supposed to be tier 3 but a visit to Retford for essential Eye test made me think there was no lockdown. Town seemed normal with many non essential shops open. Lions fundraising etc. MMmmm

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Nottinghamshire are supposed to be tier 3 but a visit to Retford for essential Eye test made me think there was no lockdown. Town seemed normal with many non essential shops open. Lions fundraising etc. MMmmm
Hi JezzerB My son works in retail and he would agree with you been to a shop in Retford and then onto Gainsborough .

Last edited:
Reactions: JezzerB

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

Simply because under tier 3 all shops are allowed to be open.

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
Points I'd like clarification on, if anyone can advise please: I've googled but not been able to find out: Understanding the rules from yesterday tier 4 / national Christmas restrictions, travel, overnighters etc and the reasons behind - particularly the need to do all possible limit the wider spread of the much more transmittable covid strain:
- If people had travelled from London / Surrey etc or from Wales before midnight yesterday to another part of the country does the law say they must now go back home?
- If a week ago they'd made that journey eg to Cornwall for a long Christmas break - understanding the requirement to obbey the rules of their own home tier (which at that time was 2) must they now go back home?
Thanks for your thoughts all, please stay well.
Wayne

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Points I'd like clarification on, if anyone can advise please: I've googled but not been able to find out: Understanding the rules from yesterday tier 4 / national Christmas restrictions, travel, overnighters etc and the reasons behind - particularly the need to do all possible limit the wider spread of the much more transmittable covid strain:
- If people had travelled from London / Surrey etc or from Wales before midnight yesterday to another part of the country does the law say they must now go back home?
- If a week ago they'd made that journey eg to Cornwall for a long Christmas break - understanding the requirement to obbey the rules of their own home tier (which at that time was 2) must they now go back home?
Thanks for your thoughts all, please stay well.
Wayne
Best you read the UK and Wales government websites. But they cannot address every combination of an individual’s circumstances. Then if there’s not a specific answer you will have to make the best judgment for your situation.
I linked the websites in an earlier post.

I met up with the Welsh half of the family this morning. They came to Aust M4 services for a present swop. We hadn’t seen them since last January and we’re not planning to visit over Xmas anyway. The services were full of others doing the same. On their way home he was able to engage cruise control after Brynglas Tunnels. A first. But said traffic leaving Wales was very busy.

Puzzled as to why you want to know why there are the restrictions? It’s the rise in virus cases and hospitalisation. Irrespective of this “ ninja mutant’ the Welsh and English lockdowns did little to significantly reduce the rate,so announcing a five day Christmas free for all so prematurely was plain irresponsible and went against scientific advice.

https://gov.wales/coronavirus

PS edit without knowing your particular journey plans any advice would be conjecture. Are you in Wales, Cornwall, Tier 4 or what ?

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts