sites at Poole/Wareham

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My wife and I are interested in visiting the Poole area of Dorset and would appreciate recomendations for a reasonably quiet site in the area, not a club site, which could possibly have a small club area for a quiet drink, shop, eating facilities either on site or within walking distance and clean toilet/shower facilities. Preferably the site should be flat. We are passed the "hi-de-hi" stage of life but do not like it too quiet. Any information on sites would be very much appreciaated, thanking you in anticipation.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I reckon your best bet would be Merley Court. From what you say it ticks all your boxes. One of the Best of British parks with small bar, takeaway, pool and very centrally located. Good size pitches some fully serviced. A very nice, tidy site.

nor

Dec 21, 2003
Visit site
there are a lot of sites to choose from in this area. it used to be a favourite of ours but at peak time we found it to be more and more crowded. also the car parking very expensive.

our favourite sites were Merley Court near Wimborne. Wilksworth farm. same area. and wareham forest. the other side of poole.all of these are lovely site good facilities. not commercial or cluby they will probably have web sites. these are all well kept sites. good luck.

JF1

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have a look at Merley Court at Wimbourne - handy for Poole, has a bar and separate family room, swimming pool, shop etc. We haven't been there for a few years but it was an excellent site

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Recommend Wareham Forest Touring Park, about two miles North of Wareham in the countryside. Flat, quiet with a pool and forest walks with a good pub close by and well placed for Poole etc.. Wareham-Forest.co.uk I think. Phil.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Would thoroughly recommend Wareham Park Forest. Spent a week there last summer and have booked for this year. Spacious site, great facilities and extremely helpful staff

nor

Dec 21, 2003
Visit site
have a look at aprils practical caravan magazine. they have all the site in the area you want in there. also good write ups and details of all the sites recomended.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi there anyone been to Highlands End?what is the site like, What are the hardstanding pitches like,can you tell me the nearest dog friendly beach in high summer.All comments welcome please ,thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts