sky tv in france

Jun 5, 2005
Visit site
Can't understand why you are bothering going to France if all you want is Sky TV , why not stay at home and save all the money?? Surely caravanning , and camping is about getting away from the norm??? Never mind it takes all sorts I suppose. Enjoy whatever you do .

Tony

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You always get the anti TV brigade when a serious question is posed.

You can get Sky very well with a small dish in the north and Brittany but if you go to the south of France you could need a bigger dish.You need to tip the dish further back the further south you go as a rough guide.

Have a look on www.ukcampsite.co.uk and search for Satellite TV under "Caravans"

Jun 5, 2005
Visit site
You always get the anti TV brigade when a serious question is posed.

You can get Sky very well with a small dish in the north and Brittany but if you go to the south of France you could need a bigger dish.You need to tip the dish further back the further south you go as a rough guide.

Have a look on www.ukcampsite.co.uk and search for Satellite TV under "Caravans"
I am sorry if my comments regarding TV caused offence , I can asure I didn't intend to do that ,it was intended as a serious response .

Regards and apologies to any I offended

Tony

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Tony, you cannot wriggle out of what you said by saying 'sorry if I offended the TV brigade'. Do not try to impose your values and likes on others. Caravanning is about being individual, doing what the individual wants to do - albeit not offending anyone else and taking measures not to offend others. Was it not The Prisoner who said 'I am a person not a number'. Tony, I am also not a number.

BJ

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The best site to look at for advice on Sat TV is

www.satelliteforcaravans.co.uk

I have used a 64cm solid dish with a 0.3Db LNB as far south as Peniscola in Spain. NO problem.

Make sure all your leads work OK (i.e. no shorts in the shielding). You must have a clear view of where the Sat is situated. Trees will stop you getting reception.

May 12, 2005
Visit site
set up your dish at home and make sure it works, you have other dishes to get a general direction, and the stress of being away is not there, once you have it set up draw a line or place a peice of tape on the dishes arm in a north/south alinement this realy helps when setting up away from home,you then only have the elivation to worry about, straight n/s is easier to line up than 28.2 east of south. Or to save the divorce you could always do what I did and buy an auto unit for the roof of the van.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have taken the kit and large dish to the South of France for 3 years now. We find it a great way of making friends because my boys are sportsmen and we set it up in the awning and attract lots of other fans to join us to watch games. The only problem we have encountered is trees!! These can block the signal. If you can choose a site you need one with a few trees not loads.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts