So did YOU know that Mods were players too - and do you care??

Nov 7, 2005
Visit site
The challenge has been issued, and I think the question is worth asking. Did you know that the Moderators could/did post under their own names?

If for no other reason, the discussion in itself will ensure that current users will know from now on. Whether it actually matters or not is another issue.

From the current discussion, we can glean that Mod 3 is Steve Somebody,

Incorrect fact removed MOD3

and Mod 1 says he never posts. So we know where we stand.

I confess I am surprised - at first sight it's bit like a soccer ref joining in the game!!

But do I care? Now I know, not a jot. It must be a thankless job keeping the lid on when things get heated (!), so keep up the good work. And you're not even paid - well you ought to be for such a tough job!

But I do agree that it would be nice if offending posts could be flagged up in some way so that everyone is aware rather than searching in vain for something that is no longer there...

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
In answer to your question - yes I did know that the mods could post under their own names. I don't have any issues with that at all.

I would like to know who mod 1 is though coz i've had a few responses to queries I've raised and I think he/she seems really nice and tactful. However, I do appreciate that mod 1 and 2 wish to remain annonymous and that's fine by me.

From memory, I think the powers that be have asked twice on here if people would like to become mods and stated that anyone who wished to become a mod could either remain annonymous or let people know who they are, it would be left to the individual to decide.

It's a caravan forum, not MI5.

Lisa

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I did not know that the moderators on this forum were users too. To be honest, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I'm sure they can wear 2 hats so to speak and post in an unbiased manner whislt still managing to moderate at the same time.

Other forums I visit have members who are moderators and I think this is great, after all, if there were no moderators, there probably would be no forums.

As for PC forum, I use this one less and less, as it always seems to be the same people posting and sometimes getting personal. I often just read through without posting at all. In my opinion, if you don't like it - don't use it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
In answer to your question - yes I did know that the mods could post under their own names. I don't have any issues with that at all.

I would like to know who mod 1 is though coz i've had a few responses to queries I've raised and I think he/she seems really nice and tactful. However, I do appreciate that mod 1 and 2 wish to remain annonymous and that's fine by me.

From memory, I think the powers that be have asked twice on here if people would like to become mods and stated that anyone who wished to become a mod could either remain annonymous or let people know who they are, it would be left to the individual to decide.

It's a caravan forum, not MI5.

Lisa
LMH - nobody apart from you has suggested that it is MI5, but its beginning to look like something intriguing.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It would appear that the moderators of this forum are treating others like children etc. when they reply with these words and I quote "We do our best, often feeling like teachers in front of an unruly class with its wide range of personalities and temperaments. We do get it wrong sometimes, but then no-one is perfect." particularly when most of the scholl yard games come from themselves.

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Hi, I did not know moderators could post under their own names, would this not make them on occasions bias.

Also when posting under their own name, without knowing who they are, could they not seem to be a bit bossy.

Maybe if they are Moderators for that evening, maybe just be a Moderator and not post.

Liz

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
VIP

This is how the forum is run and how it has always been. MANY users know that the mods post under their own names in the forum and MOD1 is right it does feel like that sometimes.

I will ask a simple question to all the users who where around 12- 18 months ago. Would you rather the forum revert back to them days?

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
This is getting silly now ⇦ shakes head :O(

So what are a few saying, that Steve or Moddy 2 shouldn't post?

If so, why not?

Colinn, if reading your comment ... "Mod 2 is His Worshipful (but that's not his real name either, very confusing m'lord, you're a man of so many titles)"... you mean me, no, I'm not a Moderator on this forum. If I was I would have had to email myself on many occasions warning myself and maybe even given myself a months ban (although I'm used to bans now, aint that right Your Moddyship) :O)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Steve - Mod3 I agree that this is the way the forum is set up and run, and in my opinion a little bit of big brother is thrown in for good measure. I, on principle cannot suscribe to a forum which is set up to make feel like a schoolchild and talked to by people (moderators or WHOEVER) they choose to be on the day on such a condescending manner = regards

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
It would appear that the moderators of this forum are treating others like children etc. when they reply with these words and I quote "We do our best, often feeling like teachers in front of an unruly class with its wide range of personalities and temperaments. We do get it wrong sometimes, but then no-one is perfect." particularly when most of the scholl yard games come from themselves.
Humerous analogy backfires.

Told you we sometimes get it wrong. :-(

Nov 7, 2005
Visit site

If so, why not?

Colinn, if reading your comment ... "Mod 2 is His Worshipful (but that's not his real name either, very confusing m'lord, you're a man of so many titles)"... you mean me, no, I'm not a Moderator on this forum. If I was I would have had to email myself on many occasions warning myself and maybe even given myself a months ban (although I'm used to bans now, aint that right Your Moddyship) :O)
apologies, m'lud, your comments about your experience as a Moderator confused me...and possibly some others...:eek:)

so now we're left wondering who the other Mod is!! Oh no...!!

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
No one has said this forum is set up to make you feel like a school child. It was stated that sometimes the mods feel like they are teachers in front of troublesome kids. Everyone on this forum has a character, some are fun (and a little trouble.. YES you know who you are!) others just post. This is a community and as such has all sorts in here.

I do note that the people who I have moderated against in the past who have posted to this thread are not complaining. Your input is as valuable as theirs and its a shame you don't see it that way. Most if not all of the forums I am on are moderated by their users, its not that unusual.

If you do want your account disabled please email us. But just in case you wish to pop in again, think about not doing that.

Steve

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
apologies, m'lud, your comments about your experience as a Moderator confused me...and possibly some others...:eek:)

so now we're left wondering who the other Mod is!! Oh no...!!
Colinn have you any ideas who they could be, I have a few ideas, better not mention though, I wonder if they will come out??? Liz

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This is getting interesting - more juicy than if someone on here came out and admitted they were gay. I am NOT a moderator, I do not know who mods 1&2 are and it does not bother me whether they post on this forum or not. If a contributer kept their nose clean there would be no reason for any moderator. It is only our ways that has necessitated having moderators. Incidently I typed what in my opinion was a well presented reply to all the bickering last night. I posted it as normal and what happened Mod 3 (Yes you Steve) wiped the whole lot clean. All my thoughts and work in vain - I was gutted.

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Hi, I did not know moderators could post under their own names, would this not make them on occasions bias.

Also when posting under their own name, without knowing who they are, could they not seem to be a bit bossy.

Maybe if they are Moderators for that evening, maybe just be a Moderator and not post.

Liz
Liz

Would it make any difference that I post under mod or Steve? In fact I could post under any name and you would still not know me or if any bias was in place.

Some people on this forum do know me. Some I have never met but have been talking to for a long time. Either way, I am just another user and if knowing that I can edit or delete your post will change the way you post a reply to me then I am very disappointed

Steve

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
This is getting interesting - more juicy than if someone on here came out and admitted they were gay. I am NOT a moderator, I do not know who mods 1&2 are and it does not bother me whether they post on this forum or not. If a contributer kept their nose clean there would be no reason for any moderator. It is only our ways that has necessitated having moderators. Incidently I typed what in my opinion was a well presented reply to all the bickering last night. I posted it as normal and what happened Mod 3 (Yes you Steve) wiped the whole lot clean. All my thoughts and work in vain - I was gutted.
you know I held off the delete button until you typed all that don't you? Our 2 way web video works a treat. talking of that, please put some trousers on, its nearly tea time!

:)

Feb 26, 2007
Visit site
I also know that the moderators can post under their own name and it doesn't bother me in the slightest.They are all volunteers for what seems to be a thankless task on occasions.If anyone thinks they can do a better job,then let themk volunteer!

Maureen

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Steve re-read my first sentence. (joke hehehe)

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site

If so, why not?

C'mon out of the closet Moddy 2 :O)

I have a good idea who it is though.

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
Can't say it bothers me to much. I use several forums on a wide range of subjects and certainly I feel that forums that are moderated by non users work better in my opinion.

I would also point out, again in my opinion, that this forum is over moderated by a long way.

At the end of the day though you know the score so if you don't feel you can abide by the rules or like the set up then don't post/use it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Steve - my initials are W.D.C.W. and my first name is William which can be shortened to either Bill or Billy.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I honestly can't see what VIP is getting so wound up about. All forums, whatever the subject, are normally moderated. If not then they normally have a link at the bottom of each post to complain to the site manager if a post offends.

I read His Moddyships remark as humour with a sprinkling of fact and it didn't offend me in the least. What does offend me are the one or two who like dishing out insults but cannot take it and are prepared to tell lies to try and prove their point. This brings me back to His Moddyships post, "with its wide range of personalities and temperaments" and this is where the problem lies but that goes for anywhere in life, whether it's this forum or in the workplace, you will always find at least one a$$hole. By the way VIP, I'm not referring to you by that remark, I mean life in general ;O)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts