Solar Panel For Roof

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone got some sound advice on fitting a solar panel to a roof without drilling the roof as this scares me to death. Also what is the recommended wattage for a trickle charge, enough to maintain the battery through winter storage. The main concern being that my tracker will go into fault if the battery goes flat. I am not technically minded, is this a project beyond the realms of a numpty or is it doable? I cant find any company that fits solar panels to caravans, or am I looking in the wrong place?

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I am also not technically minded, however I have wired up an 100 watt solar panel which is free standing , but I bought enough cable so that once staionary I can place solar onto the roof via the sun roof hi-ike (what ever its called) then watch the free energy !! simple really

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
andymarshall said:
Has anyone got some sound advice on fitting a solar panel to a roof without drilling the roof as this scares me to death. Also what is the recommended wattage for a trickle charge, enough to maintain the battery through winter storage. The main concern being that my tracker will go into fault if the battery goes flat. I am not technically minded, is this a project beyond the realms of a numpty or is it doable? I cant find any company that fits solar panels to caravans, or am I looking in the wrong place?
Most approved mobile caravan engineers would do this job for a reasonable price, Click Here to find one near you

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
If you only want the solar to keep battery and tracker charged while in storage, why dont you go for one of these.
we had one when our van was kept in storage, we put it in the front window. and never once in three years did we receive a call from Phantom. and we don't use the van from September to March
n00cx_open.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts