Spain for the Winter

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have never been overseas with the caravan before but would like to go to Spain for the Winter. As we are early retired we do not want a noisy site. We have also heard that the spacing between vans is not so good in Spain. Any recommendations on nice quite sites in Southern Spain.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have a look at Camping La Manga, La Manga, Murcia. Very good size serviced pitches, quiet and not too far to the bigger towns for shopping etc. 1300 miles approx fro Le Havre.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Shezzy

We normally go down very early summer to the costa brava but are fed up with how close the spanish put you to the next van, sometimes you are so close you cannot get your toilet cassette out to empty, this is our experience. However I have been told by the dutch and the swedish people that we talk to that La Manga is much better with marked pitches there is also another site called Cabo de Gato which I'm told is rather nice also cheap about

BJ

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I agree some Spanish sites have small pitches, and in winter the sites can be full.

It depends where you are planning to go during the winter. If you do not have a copy of the Caravan Club "Continental sites directory", it is worth getting one (available for members and non members). This shows which sites are open and gives other good information.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Try Benidorm! It's actually very nice and there is an excellent site Camping Villasol which is only a few minutes drive from the centre of town. It also has a nice heated indoor pool, and a great mix of norther european caravanners who go there for the winter so you won't be short of people to meet... I just wish I was retired!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi shezzy i would avoid the costa del sol we were there at cabapino the main autovista runs along the coast very very busy and most of the site are within a few hundred yards of it. the site wasn't bad but i wouldn't go there again.we did enjoy portugal stayed at camping tourimo lagos super site good sized pitches,this coming year we are going to qutareia/portugal and valenca/spain. yes some of the pitches are small.one site we saw they had the vans so close together you couldn' open the windows on one side. we are going with c&cc carefree rallies the sites are vetted and we made so many good freinds, somuch so that 18 of us all met up again in sep. good luch have a good time peter

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts