Sterling Eccles Moonstone

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We are new to caravanning and would like to buy a second hand van. We have seen two vans that we like, one a 2000 model the other a 2002 model. Has any one any experience, good or bad, with this make of caravan.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have a 2002 Moonstone, bought new. It is absolutely fine - no problems at all (other than with some extras that the dealer fitted which were a complete disaster!). We really like the net curtains as they provide privacy when needed. The layout suits us really well. In fact we have started to leave the front double bed ready made up as the dinette provides plenty space for cooking and eating for the two of us, although we tend to do most of these outside. Unlike our previous 1998 Swift Corniche, we have had no leaks so it looks like Swift Group have finally got their act together. We regularly have our three grandsons stay with us and they love it. (I get to sleep in the awning!) Good luck - I can strongly recommend the Moonstone.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have a 2002 Sterling Eccles Jewel which (apart from a few teething troubles has been 100% reliable with nothing falling off. As Bob has said, the net curtains are great but don't damage them as they are over

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
we have the 2002 bought it from new we find it great shower is very good the seats are nice and comfy only problem we find it is a bit small for space around the sink other than that the moonstone is great

from sue

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Has anyone got any comments on Sterling Europa 490-4 2002 model Fixed bed We are thinking of upgrading from a Bailey Pagent cabriolet"L"shaped lounge 2 berth as the wife is getting fed up of making bed every night it will be towed by a Shogun 4x4

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I purchased a brand new Sterling sapphire 2000 - absolutely fantastic. I then purchased a 2002 same model and the first 6 months it spent more time in the repairers than on my drive. In the end sterling rebuilt it, still regret getting rid of the 2000 model

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts