Stolen caravn from CC site

Apr 15, 2005
Visit site
We have just spent 7 nights at Chapel Lane south of Birmingham whilst at the NEC and on arrival at the site on the Monday we were told by the wardens that their caravan had been stolen from the site.

They were in the mobile home provided next to their caravan and the thieves had broken the pad lock on the gate taken off all the security devices and wheelled the caravan out and away.

This was all whilst they were watching TV just a few feet away and also noone else saw or heard anything even those walking dogs in the evening.

The cheek of people....what would we do to them if we caught them....not a lot, as you would proberbly be up for assault!

Aug 30, 2007
Visit site
I have to say that friends of ours, that have expressed an opinion, have said in no uncertain words that should they come across individuals that have stolen a caravan from anyone else, that those individuals could find it difficult to crawl back into the hole that they crawled out off.

I say that if the police cannot or will not take action then we, as a common interest group have little choice.

Feb 26, 2007
Visit site
We were up north recently and the temperatures were dropping so we put on the winter vents for the fridge.

Imagine our amazement yesterday when we were packing up to come home and found that they had gone !! Not the sort of thing to fall off,so we can only assume that they had been pinched !!

I know it doesn't compare to a caravan being stolen,but I am still gobsmacked.

Maureen

Apr 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jo-Anne

The two mobiles are outside the security gate for caravnners to go through onto the site.

You drive in at Chapel Lane and there is parking for late arrivals and to book in at the office.

There are then barriers that open with your card key into the actual site.

The two wardens have a static caravan each and room at the side of each to park their caravan.

This is where the caravan belonging to the main wardens was parked.

There is a gate which has pad locks on it and their caravan had securuty devices on it also.

Because is it inside the entrance to the whole site and well lit and behind locked gates I expect all thought it was secure.

Joyce

Aug 30, 2007
Visit site
We were warned by the site manager where we have our caravan on a permanent seasonal pitch that they have problems every year during the Dorset Steam Fair when "those that travel the roads" (I hesitate to call them what they are because this seems to upset and offend the politically correct amongst us) sneak onto the site and nick anything that is not nailed down or chained to some immovable object.

Year before last most water containers not chained up went and a visitor to the Dorset Steam Fair confirmed that water bottles were "available" there.

Seems to me a few quid for some chain and a padlock seems a good idea.

I would still like to remove the kneecaps of any sod caught nicking stuff though - Because lets face it the police will not bother because of the paperwork, and if they do the CPS (Criminal Protection Service) will not want to prosecute and if they do get prosecuted they will be given

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Darce wrote: "..... have our problems every year during the Dorset Steam Fair when "those that travel the roads"...."

Come - let's not beat about the bush! We all know who steals caravans That's right, company representatives - who, along with retired Clergymen, represent a bigger threat to caravan owners than water ingress and delaminating floors combined!.

What usually happens is that thees Reps, as they 'travel the roads', will spy a suitable caravan on a driveway and in less time than it takes to say 'Blackberry Phone', will take the bolt cutters from their briefcase and have it on the back of their Mondeo Ghia and off down the road, never to be seen again.

They're a menace.

Apr 21, 2007
Visit site
hi i could'nt beleive it when a couple of months ago when away for the weekend i saw a couple chain up the wastemaster and water carrier. i didnt think anyone would scoop so.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts