Strange / Unusual Caravan Practices

Page 4 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I was wrong to pick on cris for being argumentative. He's far from the only one on this forum.

I just got fed up with the contant arguments over nothing.

My fault for venturing into the Chit Chat forum! I should have know better.
...... oops, dont forget Towcars, 1st on right and Towing & Driving Safely, thats next door to the canteen. Our Website at the end of the corridor next to the toilets is another but its being decorated at the moment so is in a state of limbo.Debating and having differing views is good Mike, its when the insults and sarcasm start to fly it gets out of hand. :eek:)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lisa, you reminded me of a tale but it was before I had my van when I had a cruiser on the Mon. & Brec. Canal. It was a beautiful sunny day (rare in Wales, sorry Colin) and I was moored up at Llanfoist doing a spot of fishing. The birds were singing and the bees were humming and all was at peace with the world. Then - the peace was to be shattered as if a war broke out. In the distance I could hear loud music and lots of giggling but couldnt see anything for the bend in the canal. Coming the other way was a large barge which was a cruising restaurant. It had its roof slid back and the diners were sat there drinking and eating. One person walked past my boat on the footpath, he got as far as the bend then turned round. He asked if he could step onto our boat to get to the cruise boat as it passed, I soon found out why he didnt go any further on the footpath. Around the corner came a hired day boat with 4 males and 4 females all in their 20s. They were so drunk they were zig zagging up the canal and hitting the bank each time. Things now got interesting. As the restaurant boat passed them they decided to bombard the diners with their sandwiches and rolls, infact anything they could get hold of. The owner of the barge then got a bucket on a rope, filled it with canal water and proceeded to soak them. After they had past one another one of the girls fell in so she scrambled to the bank and they dropped the other girls off with her to walk. Now I was sat on the back of my boat fearing the worse so I told my wife to lie down out of the way. By now the girls were alongside me when one just lifted up her skirt, squat and peed just four feet from me. One of her mates pointed me out saying I was there and her reply was "I dont care, hes seen a ******* **** before 'a'nt he". They then proceeded further on to where there was a fishing contest and started talking to the first angler, a big burly feller who had given me some maggots to fish with earlier on. By this time the hire boat was passing me and I was ready to get pelted. As it passed one of the males had his one foot on the bow eating a sandwich, "caught anything boyo" he said, "just one" I replied. It was then I realised he looked like a figure head on an old sailing ship but then noticed he had his willy out peeing in the canal as they went along. It reminded me of the streaker song as I had sounds in my head saying "dont look Ethel". To this day I will never know why I didnt get bombarded, I thought perhaps they had run out of buns. Now they were getting closer to the fishermen, about 40 of them. I thought surely not. How wrong I was. The buns went flying again at the fishermen and another war broke out. The fishermen were filling their catapults up with maggots and letting fly with them. I took this opportunity of upping pegs and getting back to our moorings at Goytre Wharf. When I got back I went to Red Line Cruisers and told Gareth the mechanic what was happening. He said they already knew and his boss had gone to meet the police at bridge? to get them off. He said the worse thing though was one of the females was his sister and it sounded like her who had peed by my boat. Such is life. heheheh! Sorry if it was a bit long :O(
Lord B, you were almost on my territory on that trip. We had a hire from Red Line some years ago. Wonderful holiday! Oops,that wasn't an unusual tale was it? Sorry, but I seem to lead a boring caravan life. nothing seems to happen to me! Perhaps I'm just a boring person.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Lord B, you were almost on my territory on that trip. We had a hire from Red Line some years ago. Wonderful holiday! Oops,that wasn't an unusual tale was it? Sorry, but I seem to lead a boring caravan life. nothing seems to happen to me! Perhaps I'm just a boring person.
I had a boat at Goytre Wharf for 6 years emmerson. The wharf was a nice place to spend time moored let alone the cruising and the size of the carp just basking on the surface, so many you could almost walk across their backs. I still miss it. Llangattock was our favourite place and on a nice day it was a lovely walk to Crickhowell but best of all was the fishing, it was excellent. Govilon was the worse place to more, it was an open dogs toilet along the footpath. Morning, noon and night the locals would bring there dogs along there and not one did I ever see pick it up. I wouldnt take ours along there in case they trod in it. If we stopped there it was just to go to the chip shop. Some fishermen hated boaters and I'd had a few run ins with them but the truth is without the boats the canal is unfishable because the waters too clear. The only other incident I had was on a bridge just up from Llanellen some young kids shot at us with air guns. I saw them on the bridge so told my wife to keep down. About 30 yards past the bridge they hit the rear of the boat twice damaging bodywork. I bought the boat for

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lord B that has been one of my dreams for many years to have a boat on inland waterway. Any stretch of water. However a friend has a boat on the Brecon to Abergavenny canal and he reckons it is as good as caravanning any day - he has both, a 4 berth boat and a 6 berth motor home(lucky sod). Another friend has a 4 berth boat on the upper reaches of the Thames. Me, I can only dream of such enjoyment in my retirement, the wife wont hear of it. all I can say is I envy you sir, mind you I do not like fishing - gave it a go and was not enammered - all to their own and I am not anti fishing in any way, my late father in law and brother in law were/are very keen fly fishermen.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts