Strange / Unusual Caravan Practices

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
OMG what did I start ???? LB at least you spelt you original nic correctly. Brian (".)
I'm afraid you do have to be careful with the spelling of zone names Brian, Gargoyle_Gimpoid has too many letters to use on the zone, or it was when I last played. Hence the unusual spellings.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
OMG what did I start ???? LB at least you spelt you original nic correctly. Brian (".)
I knew that, I was just err, I was just testing, that's it, I was testing! You'll be glad to know you passed with flying colours Brian. Now on your way sir, nothing else to see here, nothing but us mice......

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Fellow vanners we met told a story of a visit to a Cornish site the chap upposite took his outside awning seat and started to read the paper, his wife arrived back worried that sitting out, the bacon he was cooking would be burnt, and she was well shocked that the guy had broken a 35 year habit of never having cooked.

The guy was at a loss when another woman put her head out of the new van and his wife was well shocked.

Parked nearby was their new cooks identical new van and awning alongside the same colour Disco, purchased new from the same midlands dealer the two couples houses virtually backed on to one another but they had never met. The two women worked in the same large hospital and the husbands had done their apprentiships together some thirty odd years earlier.

The awnings had the same superstore bargain chairs and tables bought from the same store and the fridges had virtually identical food purchased from the local Cornish supermarket.

Spooky or what ?
Cris both your opening story and this one are a ray of sunshineon a grim january day keep it up coljac

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Gargoil_Gimpoid. Not used for a long time though!

One day I'll get back on the zone when I find a suitable game.
I play spades Lol, great game but I also chat in there with friends either playing at the table or in the lobby, we have a great laugh. It's better than any soap opera. Ive been there about 8/9 years now, seen them come and seen some go but still a lot of regulars from when I first joined. Its weird because you get to know some of them really well and they are almost part of your family and you share their happiness as well as their sorrows. At the moment two of my friends in there have cancer and I fear the worse for them, such lovely people too. Oh well, enough of the depressing talk :O(

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Lord B. I can now understand why you stated you have only had a van for two years. It would appear to me that you spend too much time on the internet chat/games rooms. etc. How on earth do you remember which nic to use for which site? As you are retired with all this shinanigans in your life you will end up having senal dementure before you know it. Take heed, in the paper the other day was a report of a young lad having an epileptic fit on a games site. Pull the plug mate (can I be so bold as to call you mate?) while you can and stick to caravanning.
Colin I dont play those shoot'em up games, only sedentary Spades, a card game. You play with a partner and have to forecast how many tricks you will make. Its a great game and you have to use your noddle a bit. It follows the whist format but spades are always trumps. When not playing we chat in whats called the lobby, theres normally about 240 people at a time in there from all over the world. I was playing against a 71 year old from Slovenia tonight. I miss playing when I'm away in the van at night so I wanted a lap top. Her Ladyship said no way, its the only time she can get to talk to me is when we are away in the caravan ;O)

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
Could I remind some contributors that posting personal abuse to a fellow user is stricly fobidden in Forum Etiquette.

Any forum user who engages in such will face suspension.

Let's put an end to this bickering. Please!

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
OK. Then could I suggest that the rather heated debate at the end of this thread, which may appear to some as bickering, ends now as it has wandered way off topic. After all, the thread is supposed to be "Strange / Unusual Caravan Practices".

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Lisa, you reminded me of a tale but it was before I had my van when I had a cruiser on the Mon. & Brec. Canal. It was a beautiful sunny day (rare in Wales, sorry Colin) and I was moored up at Llanfoist doing a spot of fishing. The birds were singing and the bees were humming and all was at peace with the world. Then - the peace was to be shattered as if a war broke out. In the distance I could hear loud music and lots of giggling but couldnt see anything for the bend in the canal. Coming the other way was a large barge which was a cruising restaurant. It had its roof slid back and the diners were sat there drinking and eating. One person walked past my boat on the footpath, he got as far as the bend then turned round. He asked if he could step onto our boat to get to the cruise boat as it passed, I soon found out why he didnt go any further on the footpath. Around the corner came a hired day boat with 4 males and 4 females all in their 20s. They were so drunk they were zig zagging up the canal and hitting the bank each time. Things now got interesting. As the restaurant boat passed them they decided to bombard the diners with their sandwiches and rolls, infact anything they could get hold of. The owner of the barge then got a bucket on a rope, filled it with canal water and proceeded to soak them. After they had past one another one of the girls fell in so she scrambled to the bank and they dropped the other girls off with her to walk. Now I was sat on the back of my boat fearing the worse so I told my wife to lie down out of the way. By now the girls were alongside me when one just lifted up her skirt, squat and peed just four feet from me. One of her mates pointed me out saying I was there and her reply was "I dont care, hes seen a ******* **** before 'a'nt he". They then proceeded further on to where there was a fishing contest and started talking to the first angler, a big burly feller who had given me some maggots to fish with earlier on. By this time the hire boat was passing me and I was ready to get pelted. As it passed one of the males had his one foot on the bow eating a sandwich, "caught anything boyo" he said, "just one" I replied. It was then I realised he looked like a figure head on an old sailing ship but then noticed he had his willy out peeing in the canal as they went along. It reminded me of the streaker song as I had sounds in my head saying "dont look Ethel". To this day I will never know why I didnt get bombarded, I thought perhaps they had run out of buns. Now they were getting closer to the fishermen, about 40 of them. I thought surely not. How wrong I was. The buns went flying again at the fishermen and another war broke out. The fishermen were filling their catapults up with maggots and letting fly with them. I took this opportunity of upping pegs and getting back to our moorings at Goytre Wharf. When I got back I went to Red Line Cruisers and told Gareth the mechanic what was happening. He said they already knew and his boss had gone to meet the police at bridge? to get them off. He said the worse thing though was one of the females was his sister and it sounded like her who had peed by my boat. Such is life. heheheh! Sorry if it was a bit long :O(

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Well Mod 1 we did actually get some detail about my new bestest friend Lord B's choice of underwear and lip gloss that could be classed by some as "Strange/Unusaul vanning practice :)

And where is your contibution to the thread?

I guess we have all been on sites where kids can be a little loud and unruly.

Awning ratchet strap was used to secure one child to the camp site chain link fence, the boys father took it well and the neighbouring campers who did it had been giving him drinks abd food.

The boys father laughed and walked away and had a beer with the neighbours and all enjoyed the boys new subdued behaviour.

Not witnessed by me but I now know another use for that emergancy strap ;-)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
WHOH THERE Mike S!!!

OK it got a bit heated but most was a bit of a misunderstanding as I see it.

It is just calming down and you go poke a stick at it.

From where I stand cris may be forthright, as indeed is LB, but the only one wanting to inflame things now would seem to be you!!

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lisa, you reminded me of a tale but it was before I had my van when I had a cruiser on the Mon. & Brec. Canal. It was a beautiful sunny day (rare in Wales, sorry Colin) and I was moored up at Llanfoist doing a spot of fishing. The birds were singing and the bees were humming and all was at peace with the world. Then - the peace was to be shattered as if a war broke out. In the distance I could hear loud music and lots of giggling but couldnt see anything for the bend in the canal. Coming the other way was a large barge which was a cruising restaurant. It had its roof slid back and the diners were sat there drinking and eating. One person walked past my boat on the footpath, he got as far as the bend then turned round. He asked if he could step onto our boat to get to the cruise boat as it passed, I soon found out why he didnt go any further on the footpath. Around the corner came a hired day boat with 4 males and 4 females all in their 20s. They were so drunk they were zig zagging up the canal and hitting the bank each time. Things now got interesting. As the restaurant boat passed them they decided to bombard the diners with their sandwiches and rolls, infact anything they could get hold of. The owner of the barge then got a bucket on a rope, filled it with canal water and proceeded to soak them. After they had past one another one of the girls fell in so she scrambled to the bank and they dropped the other girls off with her to walk. Now I was sat on the back of my boat fearing the worse so I told my wife to lie down out of the way. By now the girls were alongside me when one just lifted up her skirt, squat and peed just four feet from me. One of her mates pointed me out saying I was there and her reply was "I dont care, hes seen a ******* **** before 'a'nt he". They then proceeded further on to where there was a fishing contest and started talking to the first angler, a big burly feller who had given me some maggots to fish with earlier on. By this time the hire boat was passing me and I was ready to get pelted. As it passed one of the males had his one foot on the bow eating a sandwich, "caught anything boyo" he said, "just one" I replied. It was then I realised he looked like a figure head on an old sailing ship but then noticed he had his willy out peeing in the canal as they went along. It reminded me of the streaker song as I had sounds in my head saying "dont look Ethel". To this day I will never know why I didnt get bombarded, I thought perhaps they had run out of buns. Now they were getting closer to the fishermen, about 40 of them. I thought surely not. How wrong I was. The buns went flying again at the fishermen and another war broke out. The fishermen were filling their catapults up with maggots and letting fly with them. I took this opportunity of upping pegs and getting back to our moorings at Goytre Wharf. When I got back I went to Red Line Cruisers and told Gareth the mechanic what was happening. He said they already knew and his boss had gone to meet the police at bridge? to get them off. He said the worse thing though was one of the females was his sister and it sounded like her who had peed by my boat. Such is life. heheheh! Sorry if it was a bit long :O(
WOW Lord B - what a fishing trip that turned out to be. It's scary what's happening in this country with the binge drinking, violence etc.

Lisa.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
I only politely suggested that Mod 1 could also set an example and post as per the thread one of Mod 1's own anecdotes.

And on that, how about 1 from you Mike S.

"lead by example"

Even his grace Lord B reflected and came up with a good tale along the holiday leisure theme.

Mo doubt a "true Gent Govenor" that's breeding for you! :)

Jan 13, 2006
Visit site
I was wrong to pick on cris for being argumentative. He's far from the only one on this forum.

I just got fed up with the contant arguments over nothing.

My fault for venturing into the Chit Chat forum! I should have know better.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Please please Mike S, how about a bit of humour from your wealth of experience.

Many ammusing things are due to conflict or conflicting ideas of what is acceptable behaviour.

A peaceful tale would be very acceptable.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I was wrong to pick on cris for being argumentative. He's far from the only one on this forum.

I just got fed up with the contant arguments over nothing.

My fault for venturing into the Chit Chat forum! I should have know better.
Arguing just in the Chit Chat room Mike? Just pop down the corridor to the General room and check out the 4x4Tax thread. As you go out of here its the 3rd room on the left ;O) heheheh!

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Arguing just in the Chit Chat room Mike? Just pop down the corridor to the General room and check out the 4x4Tax thread. As you go out of here its the 3rd room on the left ;O) heheheh!
Don't trust him, thats the broom cupboard!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts