Sunncamp Scenic - Read this before you buy one!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have just got a Scenic porch after waiting three months for them to come back in stock. I decided to try it on the 'van at home as we were likely to use it over Easter - it didn't fit!

We have a 2004 Sterling Eccles Sapphire, the sides were at least 6 inches short from being able to peg, the ladder rubbers at the 'van side of the awning needed at least the same length again to touch the ground. I took it back to the dealer who was alarmed to say the least! He had an Avondale Argente in the showroom with one on - it just fit with the pegs going through the last eye of the ladder on the rubbers; Avondales have their awning rail lower than Swifts / Abbeys / Sterlings / ABIs etc. We checked another - ours was not short in any dimension. The dealer is now expecting a lot of 'phone calls after Easter! He refunded the money with no problems - good job I checked before putting it up in a muddy field.

Be interested to hear from people who have them that do fit on 'vans and what type of 'vans they are - unless it is a "short" batch at one dealer?

Cheers, Neal.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sorry to hear yours is too small. We sold our Scennic which was fine and bought the slightly bigger version and tried it out this weekend. Excellent, no problem with pegging (think it was around the middle of the rubber)on our Bailey Ranger 510L. 15 minutes to put up from opening the bag to the cup to tea which means we're set up.

Maybe the problem is just with the batch?

Regards

Ken

Mar 17, 2005
Visit site
Sorry to hear yours is too small. We sold our Scennic which was fine and bought the slightly bigger version and tried it out this weekend. Excellent, no problem with pegging (think it was around the middle of the rubber)on our Bailey Ranger 510L. 15 minutes to put up from opening the bag to the cup to tea which means we're set up.

Maybe the problem is just with the batch?

Regards

Ken
sorry to hear that ... it fits my Baily Ranger ok though

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts