Swift Charisma 565 [2009] model

May 1, 2007
Visit site
HI to all forum members!
Two years ago we bought our first caravan.
We have built up our caravan holidays over the last two and a half years i.e a couple in the first year then four in the second year.
Things started to go wrong on the second outing. Our sink cracked where the tap was attached to the basin. We don't use the shower so it wasn't from over use! Warranty fixture.
Then we noticed something was wrong with the electrics. My husband being an electrician , could not understand where the problem lay. The caravan went back to where we had bought it. Eventully , it was "reverse polarity" This was fixed under warranty of course.
The caravan, as I type, is in the workshop again! This time it is the fuse board. The company that makes the fuseboards for Swift have gone out of business!
It seems we will, again, have to wait and wait.
I just wondered if others had problems with Swift, this type of caravan , above problems etc or have we just been unlucky with our purchase?
Any advice re :What happens now, would be greatly appreciated.
Thanking you all in anticipation.
Susan

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Susan
Why do you not become a member of Swift Talk. it is a forum that is run and managed by Swift senior managers. the advice you get on there is great as you are speaking directly to the manufacturers. you mention your fuse board in 2009 these were manaufactured by Nord Electronics, these are no more and Swift currently use a company called Sargent who also monitor the Swift Forum and is a great source of advice for all electric issues.
Try it

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Susan
What a shame that your first caravan had these faults which must have dented your faith in your new purchase.
Obviously the dealer where you bought the caravan will rectify the fault with the fuse board under warranty using Sargent supplied parts which are of good quality.
Tony G is correct, you are able to communicate directly with Swift Group employees on Swift Talk and they may be able to reassure you in some way, but please remember that you bought your caravan from the dealer, not from Swift.
This means that any warranty related issues must be initially addressed by the dealership although the guys on Swift Talk can sometimes speed matters up a little when there are undue delays.
Let's hope that this will be the last of your problems, please let us know what happens.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts