Swift Customer Service

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
A number of people have already commented on the impressively fast response from Andy of Swift.

I dont own a swift. My own caravan (make unmentioned for now) has been a nightmare - two new panels - front and back, water ingress through lockers and generally a shoddy build.

The only reason I have stuck with it, has been the service provided by the manufacturer (I have no warranty as it was bought second hand). First panel was replaced FOC, second was done with me paying the labour, but the manufacturer providing the parts (the lions share of the job. Service provided by three different dealers has been abysmal - before you ask, I have thought about trading it in but I have zero confidence in buying anything new due to my experience. My thoughts are that I know what the problems have been and hopefully they are now sorted.

Whilst I applaud the makers of my caravan for helping me out I found that with the exception of the first panel replacement I had to be on the phone to them constantly. I have recently asked them to provide me some very basic information in order to replace a particular part and have no response at all for almost two weeks.

As I say - I dont own a Swift. I tell you what though - if the responses (speed, detail and consistency) given by Andy are indicative of Swift policy (rather than just a good employee)they will be my first port of call when I do eventually decide to change.

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
While I applaud Andy's excellent record (we also had an instant response to a question we had). I felt I had to add that we also had an excellent response from Kath Powell, who I think was Andy's predecessor (ie quickly sending us a part foc). Therefore, either Swift have been lucky in having two good employees doing the same job or they employ the right people and enable them to provide a first rate service.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
We too have had excellent service from Swift. It was apparent on the first outing that our new van had a serious problem with the axle, which was diagnosed as an Alko fault and a complete new axle ordered and sent to the dealer by Alko. When it was fitted it was apparent that the fault was still present, so the dealer called Alko - who stated that the problem couldn't be related to their new part. Swift were called by the dealer, and sent a Senior Manager out to have a look at the van.

He agreed that the part was definitely faulty, the caravan not fit to tow, and arranged to have the van taken on a car transporter back to Alko and brought back to us within two days, as we were due to go on holiday on the Friday. Without Swift's help we may have had to cancel our holiday.

We still love our Swift nine years later.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have also had excellent service via Andy and Swift but the other key factor is the dealer and especially the relationship with both customer and manufacturer. We have over the years purchased Swift caravans all from the same dealer, Highbridge Caravans in Somerset. We have received excellent sales and after sales from them. I also believe that due to the high turnover of swift caravans they enjoy excellent service from Swift's themselves and this has a real benefit to the customer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts